Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

This is my first effort at using the 2008 rig for animating. I'm not sure how I feel about the rig yet yet, there are so many controls and variables.

I haven't done any lip synch or facial expressions yet so there is no sound. I will post that with the next one.

Any feedback welcome

regards

simonCirius.mov

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Hi Simon,

-If the 2008 rig has any sort of "auto-balance" feature, make sure you turn that off, it provides no benefit.

-the jitter in the legs is probably happening because the leg is moving from being within reach of the IK target to being just beyond it. In general, make sure the IK target is never beyond the reach of the leg's length including any length the heel raiser adds.

-when people walk, their hips won't pause in their forward movement from step to step. The hips generally maintain a very constant motion forward.

- the staging of the conversation between the two could probably be improved if we saw it from a more diagonal angle rather than have the front guy entirely block our view of teh back guy.

-it's hard to see that the back guy has grabbed the front guy because his arm that is dong the grabbing is completely hidden.

-Likewise, when the front guy wags his finger at the back guy our view is almost entirely blocked.

-if your character can raise his shoulders that will help for poses where the arms are raised above the head. otherwise tilting the shoulders a bit can help make the pose look less square.

Rob

Thank you for you comments. I shall try to incorporate your suggestions over the next two days, (other commitments).

Its not really been staged as yet. This was just a render of the birds eye view. I liked the ( accidental ) way he walked off into the shadow.

I'' see what I cando in the next few days to correct.

regards

simon