Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Conny Refit + V17 Benchmark

Gonna use this as a dual thread of sorts. First of all I'm modeling that constitution refit that I had troubles with in the prop import thread. Second of all, I'm doing it in V17 and seeing how it runs. So first up, some pics and a quick benchmark!

So here it is in V16

AO: 30%

Global Ambience: 80%

Occlusion: 95%

Multi-Pass 16x

720p

Render Time: 7:37

post-9859-1339438122_thumb.png

V17 Beta 5:

AO: 30%

Global Ambience: 80%

Occlusion: 95%

Multi-Pass 16x

720p

Render Time: 6:09

post-9859-1339438245_thumb.png

Now you may see it there, there's noise over the saucer in the V17 one and it's the color of the background. This is apparent in both quick render and render to file and more apparent in the earlier passes and apparent without AO. I have sent off a report though

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like I said though, it happens when AO is set to off and happens in the modeling window too. The noise is the colour of the background, so in the modeling window it's a blue-ish colour and in the chor it's whatever I have the camera colour set to

Yeah, fortunately by the time the final pass is done its not overly noticeable. Ill post the first pass in non ao when I get home. All I know is that v16 and earlier never did this sort of thing for me. On the whole though I am liking v17 with the exception of a few minor bugs and lovin the faster render time. I mean that's pretty awesome that v17 shaved off a minute and a half in an ao render!

Wait a sec... the top one is not the first pass, it's on its third pass.

still should not happen so i am not sure... how does the end result look? maybe it is a technik to avoid rendering pixels several times?

*Fuchur*

It just renders too fast for me to hit print screen, but it's the same. On pass 1 it looks fine in V16. In V17 the more passes it has, the finer it gets, but I can still notice it there in the end result

still should not happen so i am not sure... how does the end result look? maybe it is a technik to avoid rendering pixels several times?

*Fuchur*

It's acceptable, however it's still semi-noticeable, at least to me cause I kinda look for it. Of course if the background were like neon green or something it might stand out more

Both 1 pass and no pass renders fine with no noise

EDIT: Interesting, I set it back to 16 passes and the noise thing has disappeared

EDIT EDIT: Seems to have reasserted itself in the render to file function though. This is the final saved render too, no AO, but 16x Multipass

post-9859-1339454375_thumb.png