Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

LipSync (Test Thai look-alike)

Bobby

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Robcat here about the chin. I speak zero Thai, so this might not be of much help, but here's one more tweak ... each time he opens his mouth, his bottom lip goes down, but his upper lip never goes up; it normally goes up a little bit for most mouth poses.

Other than that, it seems to be a great song and a pretty good character design. I can't wait to see a full render.

I also agree the chin should move the same distance as the teeth do.

I also noticed you are exaggerating the mouth positions. I guess this is fine but not truly representative of the actual singer.

Keep watching the video and observe him closing his eyes while he is singing. He really feels the music. Try to capture that in your characters face.

Notice how the real singer tips his head down when he closes his eyes.

The video is pretty amazing. I don't speak the language but I understand he lost the use of his left arm.

The ability to use is one hand to strum and hold the chords is incredible.

Ok, now I know why your lipsync looks peculiar.

When you open your mouth your teeth are right behind the lips and as wide as the inside of the cheeks.

The characters teeth are too small for the mouth so when I watch this my brain doesn't accept the lipsync.

Your character appears like compressed air is being blown into his mouth from an airhose. His cheeks puff out really far.

face24.jpg

Keep working at it. I know you'll get it.

Please tell me, how can I delate a wrong pose from Pose Sliders?

I can't delete it from pose sliders.

You must delete it in 2 places: under model/user properties/pose name and model/relationships/user property relationships/pose name relationships

Oh, yeah, Bobby, that's looking really good! The larger teeth + gums works really well, and the improved poses make the animation look more natural.

You haven't said how far you were planning on taking this, but if you're still going on this particular animation, here's one suggestion for plussing ("improving") it.

In this sound clip, when a phrase starts especially with a long note, sometimes his mouth opens very slowly; it would be better it opened a little quicker to match him getting the note started and into a moving hold (slight movement so the character doesn't look "dead" or robotic).

Overall ... way to go!

Thank you very much.

I scaled up gum and teeth and edit all LipSync Relationships.

Now I understand more about Poses.

NaiToSatTha_editPose02_18_0000.mov

Thank you.

Much, much better. :clap: I think you need to add lips to the characters mouth to keep it from looking like a puppet. Notice when people speak they purse or pucker their lips to form certain sounds

Keep watching the video of the singer. Look at his facial expressions to get a feel for when he closes his eyes. Currently you have random eyes blinks in the video. Some blinks should pause longer.