sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Free video clips (Video Blocks 7 days campaign)

Rodney

• Admin

Hmmm...

Not sure if this is worth your time or not but I saw it mentioned elsewhere and some may find it of interest.

As part of their current campaign to increase users/awareness, for seven days you can login and download free videoclips from video blocks website.

These might be useful in your productions.

There are reportedly 50,000+ videos, motion backgrounds, sound effects and music to choose from.

I believe everyone is limited to 20 downloads per day (assumption is that you can download everything if willing to pay)

https://www.videoblocks.com/freeclips/

I may check it out so that I can report back here on the level of quality.

If of high enough quality it may be well worth investigating.

Update: Note that they require a creditcard or paypal confirmation before they will acknowledge your account.

After the free 7 days the service will cost you $79 a month.

Nice quality. The transition I am downloading now is 1920x1080, qt_animation, video/quicktime, 29.97fps

Update 2: I dunno. I'm liking it.

Here's some information about the service:

VideoBlocks.com is a subscription-based website that provides members with unlimited downloads of stock video, footage, motion backgrounds, production music, sound effects and more.

Instead of charging by the download, we allow members to download as much as they want--no limits.

BENEFITS OF A VIDEO BLOCKS SUBSCRIPTION:

After signing up, you will have unlimited access to the entire Video Blocks archive. There are no download caps, so you may download and use as much content as you want.

You can cancel your subscription at any time. There are no long term contracts.

Everything you download is yours to keep and use forever, royalty free. Even if you cancel your subscription!

New content is continually added to the Video Blocks archive, so there is always something new!

All multimedia clips provided on VideoBlocks.com come with the right to use them royalty free in all types of projects. There are absolutely no additional fees beyond the monthly subscription cost.

More questions? Our customer support department is here to help you: (866) 282-5360

Get started now with a free trial: 7 Days of Complimentary Downloads

Our multimedia clips are easy to use‚ in all types of video productions and projects, including:

Video editing (works with all computers and editing systems)

Presentations

TV Shows

Advertisements

Home movies

DVD menus

Playable DVDs (including Blue-ray and regular DVDs)

Backgrounds to play on HDTVs

Parties and events (great for DJs and VJs)

Websites (easy to convert to streaming media clips)

And virtually any other video project you can think of!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
How are the music tracks and sound loops? Have you listened/downloaded any of them?

I grabbed a couple music tracks because I know I'm going to need some of those in the future. Pretty decent quality I'd say.

The downside in using them of course is that you'll share the same music with an untold number of other productions who also use the same music.

I kind of wish the artists were given credit because I'd love to credit them in anything I produce.

Maybe they are and I just haven't yet seen the attribution listing.

I was fairly quick in heading to the fire and smoke effects. ;)

They have several nice sequences with fire effects with Alpha channels.

The loopable fire but not of very good quality and you can tell it was created artistically. I think we might be able to outdo those effects in A:M fairly easy.

The real fire effects (non-loopable) are nice though.