Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Face Camera

JohnP

Where are the instructions for adding a camera to point to a model's face? The manual that comes with AM 2006 talkes about using multiple camers but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish placing a face camera. Can someone help get started or point me to a place with instructions? Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the instructions for adding a camera to point to a model's face? The manual that comes with AM 2006 talkes about using multiple camers but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish placing a face camera. Can someone help get started or point me to a place with instructions? Thanks.

After you've added an additional camera to your chor, you will most likely want to use an "aim at" constraint on the camera, where the target of the "aim at" is probably the head bone of your model.

In bones mode, in the chor window, or PWS, right click on the newly added camera, select new constraint/aim at, then pick the head bone of your model. You may need to adjust the aim after selecting the target if you have compensate off, to center the model's face in the camera

• Hash Fellow

Or in the model's model window, you can RMB>New>camera to add a camera to the model.

it is like a bone and you can drag it in the PWS to be a child of the main head bone if you wish, then aim it at teh face.

In the chor you can select it by hitting num 1 until it comes up.

Welcome to the forum, JohnP!

You're inthe right place to ask questions.

hey JohnP --welcome to AM and the forums. And Robert understates the fact for answers being right here --This forum has more experts who are so willing to help new folks than any other I have seen. And no matter the skill level they are always friendly.

I might suggest to try a quick search first in the forums before posting 1. because the question may have been addressed before and secondly because when i do that I find all kind of other cool things to learn at same time. This forum is like gold mine of information.

But--that said ---if you are stuck or getting frustrated just post away --These guys will help and help you fast!!

Thank you all for your input. I was able to place the camera on the face of a model as Nancy and Robert suggested. This is a great resource and I will browse and mine it for all the suggestions and ideas that have been posted.