Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lambrina's Legs. . .

MJL

I'm working on a project where I will be using Lambrina (From the extra's CD), giving her creator, Den Beauvais, credit for her creation. The info file does not tell me what version she was created in. She will be in a red dress.

My partner in crime, the esteemed Mr. Spleen, is working on the model and exploring the vagaries of cloth simulation. I on the other hand, am approaching things from a different tack.

I wish to make a walk cycle of her in the red dress, and intend to manipulate the dress using Smartskin. Which brings me to my conundrum. The model in bones mode shows perfectly good right and left thigh bones. However when I go to create a pose to work the dress CP's in Smartskin, the thigh bones are hidden. I have looked in the PWS to try to un-hide them but have been unable to find the particular nook ( possibly a cranny) where they are hidden.

So I have come once again, CG hat in hand, to the wise and generous forum Guru's to call upon whomever will, to take pity upon me in my plight, and guide me, once again, to enlightenment.

How do I make Dem Bones visible in the Pose? I have uploaded the file so you don't have to go searching.

Thank You.

Lambrina.zip

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

UserProperties>Rig>Setup>IKLegSetup OFF will make the leg bones visible again. (they weren't needed when IK was ON)

To make your SmartSkin:

Select the bone you wish to base it on

RMB:New Smartskin

with the Smartskin Window open, turn OFF "Define Relationship" (the linked rings icon)

Select the Model in the objects folder to bring up its properties in the properties window.

do UserProperties>Rig>Setup>IKLegSetup OFF ( we turned Define Relationship OFF so this choice would not get keyed into your Smartskin)

Turn "Define Relationship " back ON and proceed to make your smartskin.

I think that's the way it works.

Remember when you are animating with an AM2001 character to set Balance and Balance Rigid to zero, do not leave them at their defaults.

Okay--- took a quick look. NICE MODEL Mr. Beauvais... wish he was still spline-ing. Anywhoo- look in your relationships folder...user properties...rig relationships...setup relationships...IK legs relationships setup...relationship1... left thigh/right thigh... you will see a relationship called 'hidden'... delete that, and it will show-up. Hope that helps, MJ!

Thank you Rob, I've worked with the Smartskin a little already, I think I can get that, but I WILL holler if I get stuck.

Mr. BoooTaay, I figured if anybody would appreciate that model it would be you. Thanks for the figurative map.

I'll try both methods just to enhance my skills.

Thanks again, Gentlemen.

I was always a big fan of Den's work.

I remember the Digital Dolls site he setup many years ago that had most of the user group in a tizzy... too much adult content. It was fine with me. The human body has those parts, and I don't see why a 3D model of it shouldn't. Lambrina was one of the models on the site, and she was posing on cars, doing pole dancing, etc. and it all looked amazing. It's a good thing I saved the site while it was still up.

I need to try some of the techniques mentioned by others here. I'm out it with all of the rig choices and settings around now. This stuff changes so quickly.