Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

complete character rigged

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squetchy Sam is an option...here.

Hope that helps.

Is there a download for squetchy Sam , with a Zign track ready facial rigg ?

The rig in Squetchy Sam has a setup that will work with Zign Track...at least it worked with Zign Track v1.3. There are instructions included with the rig installation in this post.

Hope that helps.

Squetchy Sam is an option...here.

Hope that helps.

Is there a download for squetchy Sam , with a Zign track ready facial rigg ?

The rig in Squetchy Sam has a setup that will work with Zign Track...at least it worked with Zign Track v1.3. There are instructions included with the rig installation in this post.

Hope that helps.

I understand that i don't need to re-attach zign rigg.

Then is there any tutorial that shows how to load zign captured bvh into Squetchy Sam ?

Then is there any tutorial that shows how to load zign captured bvh into Squetchy Sam ?

It's in the tutorial...read the tutorial, Nik. It's called "Using_Zign_Track_BVH_with_FACE_12_05_2007B.pdf" and is in the ZIP file named "13s_Posable_Squetch_Rig_installations_04_25_2011a.zip".

It's in the tutorial...read the tutorial, Nik. It's called "Using_Zign_Track_BVH_with_FACE_12_05_2007B.pdf" and is in the ZIP file named "13s_Posable_Squetch_Rig_installations_04_25_2011a.zip".

I read the the tutorial , I exported both action and Bvh from zing track

When I import the action file to AM , I can see the animation in action mode , but when I return to choreography mode it is not working , any clue?

I read the the tutorial , I exported both action and Bvh from zing track

When I import the action file to AM , I can see the animation in action mode , but when I return to choreography mode it is not working , any clue?

I'm not sure what you're doing, Nik. The tutorial used BVH, not an exported Action from Zign Track...you would have to change some things to use an Action. Did you try the "Zign_Track_Example_BVH_12_05_2007B.bvh" included in the ZIP file to make sure everything was working correctly?

Okay, I tested the BVH in Squetchy Sam...I had to change the head control name in the Action to get the head to move around, but, other than that, everything worked fine. I updated the Action file in this Project and will update it in the next release as well. Here's the example BVH in a Project working in the Choreography with Sam.

Hope that helps, Nik.

-----------------------

EDIT

-----------------------

The latest version is here...this one was deleted.

I think I figured out what's going wrong with this for you, Nik. Are your bones in Zign Track named the same as required? Here are the names needed: head, CheekL, CheekR, EyebrowAL, EyebrowAR, EyebrowBL, EyebrowBR, Frown, Jaw, LowerLipL, LowerLipR, MouthCornerL, MouthCornerR, Neck, SneerL, SneerR, UpLipCentre, UpperLipL and UpperLipR.

Once you have your Action exported from Zign Track imported into A:M, import the updated "v13_Zign_Track_Action_Setup_04_10_2008B.act" I'm posting here (fixed the head naming in it as well...it will be included in the next rig update) then, drag and drop both Actions onto Sam in the Choreography and it should work.

Hope that helps, Nik.

-----------------------

EDIT

-----------------------

I think I figured out what's going wrong with this for you, Nik. Are your bones in Zign Track named the same as required? Here are the names needed: head, CheekL, CheekR, EyebrowAL, EyebrowAR, EyebrowBL, EyebrowBR, Frown, Jaw, LowerLipL, LowerLipR, MouthCornerL, MouthCornerR, Neck, SneerL, SneerR, UpLipCentre, UpperLipL and UpperLipR.

Once you have your Action exported from Zign Track imported into A:M, import the updated "v13_Zign_Track_Action_Setup_04_10_2008B.act" I'm posting here (fixed the head naming in it as well...it will be included in the next rig update) then, drag and drop both Actions onto Sam in the Choreography and it should work.

Hope that helps, Nik.

The BVH is working without head movement in the last version i had , with the prj you gave it is working with head movement

I renamed the bones in zign as you mentioned and imported both v13_Zign_Track_Action_Setup_04_10_2008B.act and my zign action , i can see the animation in the graph but it isn't applied to Sam in the Choreography

Hope that helps, Nik.

The BVH is working without head movement in the last version i had , with the prj you gave it is working with head movement

I renamed the bones in zign as you mentioned and imported both v13_Zign_Track_Action_Setup_04_10_2008B.act and my zign action , i can see the animation in the graph but it isn't applied to Sam in the Choreography

Here is an exported zign action file , don't mind the motion tracked !!

Can you plz check it

tom2.act

Can you plz check it

Here's an updated version of Squetchy Sam and an updated Action setup in a Project with your Action...I'll include these fixes in the next release. Sorry about the problems, Nik. You are the first person to test the Action Zign Track output with Sam...at least that has said anything.

-----------------------

EDIT

-----------------------

Can you plz check it

Here's an updated version of Squetchy Sam and an updated Action setup in a Project with your Action...I'll include these fixes in the next release. Sorry about the problems, Nik. You are the first person to test the Action Zign Track output with Sam...at least that has said anything.

-----------------

EDIT

-----------------

I'm not sure if the lower lip problem was because of the capture...let me know if there is still an issue.

The lower lip is a tracking problem

I opened the prj with updated Action setup , the action worked properly , i deleted this action(Tom2) and i imported a new action Tom3 , and dropped it onto Sam , but it didn't work

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks

tom3.act

Can you plz check it

-----------------

EDIT

-----------------

I'm not sure if the lower lip problem was because of the capture...let me know if there is still an issue.

I opened the prj with updated Action setup , the action worked properly , i deleted this action(Tom2) and i imported a new action Tom3 , and dropped it onto Sam , but it didn't work

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks

Just to be sure: In the chor, did you attach the action to the character or did you change the blend-mode in the chor-window?

See you

*Fuchur*

Can you plz check it

-----------------

EDIT

-----------------

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks

Just to be sure: In the chor, did you attach the action to the character or did you change the blend-mode in the chor-window?

See you

*Fuchur*

I tried first to drop the action onto sam it didn't work , then i opened the zign track action setup and dragged my exported action onto the shortcut to the character in the zign track action setup, it didn't work in the choreography either

• Admin
I tried first to drop the action onto sam it didn't work , then i opened the zign track action setup and dragged my exported action onto the shortcut to the character in the zign track action setup, it didn't work in the choreography either

Long shot here...

Make sure you aren't dragging and dropping the Action to somewhere later in the Choreography.

You might not be seeing it because it's been appended to the end of another Action.

The same holds true for dropping the new Action onto Sam. If not careful the Action may be present but not viewable because it's being overwritten.

If Sam already has an Action applied to him you might need to change the Action's location or its setting to Blend or Add instead of Replace.

Long shot here...

Make sure you aren't dragging and dropping the Action to somewhere later in the Choreography.

You might not be seeing it because it's been appended to the end of another Action.

The same holds true for dropping the new Action onto Sam. If not careful the Action may be present but not viewable because it's being overwritten.

If Sam already has an Action applied to him you might need to change the Action's location or its setting to Blend or Add instead of Replace.

And press a few times the space key just to be sure... maybe just an update problem...

Here is a quick video (no audio) showing me changing the Actions in the Choreography.

Hope that helps, Nik.

It is working , thanks a lot

One thing I realized while watching your tutorial that Sam is opening his mouth while the action is played

when I played it , it seems that he is only moving his jaw without articulation

Is there anything I need to modify ?

Here is a quick video (no audio) showing me changing the Actions in the Choreography.

Hope that helps, Nik.

One thing I realized while watching your tutorial that Sam is opening his mouth while the action is played

Everything I did is in the video...did you do something different? It should work the same. If you continue to have a problem, make a quick video to show what you're doing...it might make it easier to track down.

Hope that helps, Nik.

Everything I did is in the video...did you do something different? It should work the same. If you continue to have a problem, make a quick video to show what you're doing...it might make it easier to track down.

I followed your video exactly , and the animation worked in choregraphy but i doubt that the bones are moving as they should

I opend the prj you sent me with Tom2.act and rendered it without changing a thing

Can you please do a render and check if they are behaving the same way

test.mov

I followed your video exactly , and the animation worked in choregraphy but i doubt that the bones are moving as they should

I opend the prj you sent me with Tom2.act and rendered it without changing a thing

What version are you using, Nik? I haven't tried it in multiple versions...I should probably do that. I'll do some messing with it tonight when I get home.

-------------------

EDIT

-------------------

For the test, I was using v13t.

I think I know what's going on, Nik. I need to adjust the Expressions I used so that they work in later versions. There were some things that changed that make it where I have to add some parentheses to them. I should have tested in other versions...sorry about that. I'll fix it tonight when I get home.

What version are you using, Nik? I haven't tried it in multiple versions...I should probably do that. I'll do some messing with it tonight when I get home.

-------------------

EDIT

-------------------

For the test, I was using v13t.

I am using version 15

I am using version 15

That's what's going on, Nik...sorry about that. It's an easy fix that I can knock out in about five minutes once I get home. This has been a very little used feature of the rig up to this point, so there were a few things I apparently missed. Thanks for finding the problems and working through it with me.

Okay, this one should work in v15. Give it a workout and see if it has a problem I didn't find, Nik.

-----------------------

EDIT

-----------------------

This was removed, the next rig release incorporating these updates is located here.

Okay, this one should work in v15. Give it a workout and see if it has a problem I didn't find, Nik.

Cool. There are also BVH Poses that will work whether you are using BVH data or the Action exported from Zign Track. Most of those Poses are there to increase or decrease the amount of movement used from the BVH data or exported Action...there are also a couple that add in things that the data can't, like lip curling.

Cool. There are also BVH Poses that will work whether you are using BVH data or the Action exported from Zign Track. Most of those Poses are there to increase or decrease the amount of movement used from the BVH data or exported Action...there are also a couple that add in things that the data can't, like lip curling.

I see , if I want to decrease the eye brow movement , where to find those poses?

I see , if I want to decrease the eye brow movement , where to find those poses?

For increasing or decreasing the movement from Zign Track, the Poses are in "Animation_Controls/Face_underlying_controls/face_setup/Zign_Track". Then, you can either use the standard controls to add additional movement, or, you could use the controls in "Animation_Controls/FACE interface/Preston Phoneme Set"...the "BVH" Poses can easily put in things that tracking software isn't presently able to track.

Hope that helps, Nik.

• 2 weeks later...
Any one could do a paid task of attaching squetch rig to some characters I modeled ,and what will be the cost per character ?

I'll have to post an update to the rig before you will get the version that is in the Squetchy Sam posted in this thread. I'll do that tonight so that it will be available for whoever does the installation for you, Nik.

Any one could do a paid task of attaching squetch rig to some characters I modeled ,and what will be the cost per character ?

I'll have to post an update to the rig before you will get the version that is in the Squetchy Sam posted in this thread. I'll do that tonight so that it will be available for whoever does the installation for you, Nik.

I'll need to spend one more evening working on the rig, Nik. I finished putting in the updates, but I haven't done enough testing to make sure I didn't miss anything. Unless I find a major problem, I'll get an update out tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay.