sprockets Modeling demo by Michael Brennan Short film by Svetlik Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Customizing the Navigation shortcuts

detbear

In Hash pressing Shift + middle Mouse button will give you the "Turn tool" for rotating in the scene/ model/ action/ view, etc.

HOW can you customize this to be Alt + Left Mouse button? I haven't learned that golden knowledge during my last 11 years of Hash use. Anyone know how? I Know how to change short cut keys via the "Customize/ Keyboard" window.....but I haven't figured out how to make the "Mouse buttons" work in combination there in order the re-customize the view interface ......(Turn, Move, zoom)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
In Hash pressing Shift + middle Mouse button will give you the "Turn tool" for rotating in the scene/ model/ action/ view, etc.

I did not know that! By golly, it works!

I haven't figured out how to make the "Mouse buttons" work in combination there in order the re-customize the view interface ......(Turn, Move, zoom)

I know what you're trying to do... you've been tempting Maya users to come over to A:M!

I don't think A:M has an ability to program key+mouse button combinations, but I think that would be worth a feature request: "Enable assigning of SHIFT/CTRL/ALT+mouse button combinations" and give some examples of combinations you would like to work.

It's possible a hotkey utility such as AutoHotKey might be able to intercept such combinations and convert them to a standard A:M shortcut

Hey,

Yes...you are partially correct. I was hoping to make my own set of hot keys that would convert shortcuts into whatever "freelancers may be use to." Most animation freelancers work in 3 or 4 Apps depending on what week or day it happens to be. If the navigation tools and a few other shortcuts are the same, it just makes it easier for them to step right in.

Honestly, I like the way Hash navigation works better, but when you hire an animator for a week to animate, they have very little time to get up to speed. So this small transition help would be cool.

Can you save a set of hotkeys?

• Hash Fellow
Can you save a set of hotkeys?

I believe A:M configurations, including keyboard shortcuts are stored in the Master.MAC file in the A:M directory. Since each version of A:M has its own folder, each has its own MAC file.

In 64-bit A:M the file is called Master_64.MAC.

I don't know if simply renaming will make a 32-bit MAC work with 64-bit A:M so it may be necessary to keep MAC files for both 32-bit and 64-bit A:M if you use both.

you can update your MAC file by making your keyboard shortcut changes in the usual way, then saving a PRJ, then quitting A:M

You could keep versions of your MAC files in appropriately folders since the MAC file itself can only have that one name.

Copy the MAC file you want to use over the one currently in your A:M directory.