Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problems

Simon Edmondson

A strange problem is occuring when I try to render a QT to preview some animation.

Working in 15J on an Imac under OSX 10.56

If I render the view using the Q ( quick render ) option, the image appears. If I try to render the same view to a QT file, I get a black blank. No image.

This problem has not happened before.

I get the same problem if I try to render a choreography from the camera view. ???

The shadows only option is turned off in the buffers. The other settings are standard. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going wrong ?

Also,

I don't know if this is related or not but,

In my project I have a number ( about 10 ) choreographies for each of the actions.

For some reason (?) these keep defaulting to 46:12 in length, even though they are usually less than 15 secs in length.

I have tried to reset them them many times using the properties box, and saved them diligently each time.

That seems to work... Until I get a crash or something else happens and they revert back to 00:46:12. I must have tried to alter this 20-30 times or more. It is very annoying.

To add to the frustration, One or two have stayed at the 'set' values ( famous last words ) while others have gone back to the rogue settings . If I wasn't grey already, I soon would be.

Can anyone help here ?

Thanks in advance

simon

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
A strange problem is occuring when I try to render a QT to preview some animation.

If I try to render the same view to a QT file, I get a black blank. No image.

I get the same problem if I try to render a choreography from the camera view. ???

The shadows only option is turned off in the buffers. The other settings are standard. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going wrong ?

Is Stereo on by any chance?

Also,

In my project I have a number ( about 10 ) choreographies for each of the actions.

For some reason (?) these keep defaulting to 46:12 in length, even though they are usually less than 15 secs in length.

I have tried to reset them them many times using the properties box, and saved them diligently each time.

That seems to work... Until I get a crash or something else happens and they revert back to 00:46:12. I must have tried to alter this 20-30 times or more. It is very annoying.

To add to the frustration, One or two have stayed at the 'set' values ( famous last words ) while others have gone back to the rogue settings . If I wasn't grey already, I soon would be.

Can anyone help here ?

There's gotta be something out there at 46:12 that's causing it.

You might try deleting elements and resaving (under a new file name) until the chor stay at the proper length. Then you'll know what you deleted was the culprit.

Is there a sound file involved?

If I render the view using the Q ( quick render ) option, the image appears. If I try to render the same view to a QT file, I get a black blank. No image.

I wonder if the alpha channel is on, inadvertently? I believe there is some funny business with QT mov and alpha channels. Change your output file type temporarily to tga and see if alpha channel is set ON. Turn it off if so, and then try to render to QT.

What do you mean by "standard settings"?

do this

change your quicktime export from whatever compression it is currently on

( example if your Quicktime export is on to none, set it to animation ) you can pick anyone but just change it

then do a one frame test

you should have a movie

now you can go back and set it back to whatever export you would like

it is a known quirk that will happen every now and then

Also,

Can anyone help here ?

Thanks in advance

simon

do this

change your quicktime export from whatever compression it is currently on

( example if your Quicktime export is on to none, set it to animation ) you can pick anyone but just change it

then do a one frame test

you should have a movie

now you can go back and set it back to whatever export you would like

it is a known quirk that will happen every now and then

example.mov