sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Defualt Channel CP Interpolation setings

bubba

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The default interpolation method is initialized to spline for any channel (you cannot change the initial default as far as I know).

However, once the channel is created, you can change the default method for that channel from spline, to zero slope, hold, linear by clicking on the default icon (click on the "hump", or the pre, or post lines to see options), or selecting the channel and selecting curve/interpolation, or pre, or post. All new cps for the channel will be added with that method

You can also change the interpolation method for just selected keys - In my example the default interpolation for the x translate channel has been changed to hold, y and z are still spline. But in the Y channel I have segments that have been changed to linear

defaultcurve.jpg

• Hash Fellow

To set the default interpolation for a whole channel, select any CPs in it then RMB>Curve>Interpolation Method> your choice

If you RMB>Interpolation Method>Your Choice your are setting interpolation for just the selected CPs. These override whatever default you have set. If you want them to observe your new default, select them and RMB>Interpolation Method>Default

Ok, I am still somewhat confused by the options but you say that default = spline, which in most cases should be fine. I am having somewhat of an issue with v16rc2 but I haven't quite sorted it out yet.

• Hash Fellow

RMB>Curve>Interpolation Method> ...

sets either Spline, Zero Slope, Hold or Linear as the new default behavior for your curve

the original default behavior is Spline (but under some circumstances A:M will make a Zero-slope CP. I'm not sure of the rules on that)