Control room windows

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

It's hard to debug this from a distance because there are so many things that could be misset.

One way to debug it is to take JUST the window into a new model, Put that into a new blank chor and render that. Does it work?

Where looking at the main entrance office/control room.

alcatraz_windows_1.jpg (...)

Are you suppose to put the transparency in the choreographic well as the main model ?

I think the issue is that your "windows" are flat boxes with 6 sides. While the window side is transparent and the 4 window sides/sills are opaque, what you are seeing is the 6th or "opposite" side: a patch made up of the four outer segments of the window-sill.

A quick look at your normals should reveal the extra surface.

Adding a line through each window and sill should eliminate the 6th side.

Hope that helps. :)

- kit

I have new problem when I render I'm getting the black screen there's no light's, there's no cell doors no office, there no jail. it's blank.

I've tried just about everything from going to help reset setting in default mode, setting it in quick time mode going to option and set the

set the camera in camera instead of dialog and setting it back to dialog still getting the black screen. I've tried global color/image setting.

The first one is what I'm getting when it renders

alcaraz_prison_Black_Screen.jpg

The second just showing the lines.

alcaraz_prison_Black_Screen_2.jpg

I need to work on the glass a little bit,make a control box for the cell doors and try to put a frame around it I may leave it like that though not sure though. I done the office part into another project and imported it back into Alcatraz Prison Project here a view from the guards POV and a view from the prisoner POV going to into the prison for the first time. Wouldn't you hate to here those doors slam behind you.

Alcatraz_prison_3d_model_1a.jpg Alcatraz_prison_3d_model_1b.jpg