Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hooks and other things

bubba

I am having trouble with hooks. I get them when I don't want them. Is this an option that can be turned off and on? Also, if I try to put a new CP and spline very close to an existing CP/spline, A:M makes the new spline an extension of the existing CP/spline instead of making a new one. Is there a setting that I can change to change this behavior? Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I'm going to guess you're doing something way wrong, but without seeing you do it it's hard to know. A screencam movie would help immensely here.

Also, if I try to put a new CP and spline very close to an existing CP/spline, A:M makes the new spline an extension of the existing CP/spline instead of making a new one.
make the new CP farther away then move it after you've finished the rest of the spline.

Hooks can not be turned off or on. They only happen when you move a 'dangling' CP onto another spline, A:M will 'hook' it in.

A:M will automatically make a 2nd spline a continuum of a 1st... so if you don't want that result, connect spline 2 to spline 3 (the desired continuation) before attaching them to spline 1... hope that makes any sense.

Hooks will only appear if you specifically tell them to.

To make a point, have the "add point" tool (A) selected and left click. (first example)

To make a hook, have the point selected and right click (~ on a Mac) when you drag it to the line you want. (second example)

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz001.mov