Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Choreography sequence

Simon Edmondson

I've completed ( for now at least ) all the actions I want my figure to perform in a choreography.

All the actions were completed in an action window and I'm dropping them on the same figure in the chor. Wherein lies the problem.

When he reaches the end of action two he is on the right of the sceen

The next frame is the start of section three and he starts on the left side of the screen again ?

|Is there a way to prevent this so the third section starts in the same position as the second ends?

regards

simoni

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

In the chor, move the model bone so that the start of the second third action has the figure appear to be in the appropriate spot.

set the interpolation of the channels for the model bone to Hold so the bone doesn't move until the second third action comes up.

I've completed ( for now at least ) all the actions I want my figure to perform in a choreography.

All the actions were completed in an action window and I'm dropping them on the same figure in the chor. Wherein lies the problem.

When he reaches the end of action two he is on the right of the sceen

The next frame is the start of section three and he starts on the left side of the screen again ?

|Is there a way to prevent this so the third section starts in the same position as the second ends?

regards

simoni

In general you use action for circleable animations. That means yiu dont move a chatacter as a whole or at least bring it back were it started... The moving of the whole object is done in the chor.

There is an option to translate to the next action but this is linear and will very likely not be what u r looking for...

So sorry: you will have to restart with the actions or you delete the parts which move the whole body around.

Use actiond for walkcycles or repeative animation not for cinematographic once... Thats for what the chor is available...

*Fuchur*

In the chor, move the model bone so that the start of the second third action has the figure appear to be in the appropriate spot.

set the interpolation of the channels for the model bone to Hold so the bone doesn't move until the second third action comes up.

Rob

Thank you very much once again for the help. Much appreciated.

Regards

simon

If you got it to work using Robcat's suggestions, then ... it works! and I don't suppose you need to do anything else. But in general, when you run into that kind of problem, the easiest solution is usually to open each Action and delete the Model Bone from the Action so it does not move the character. The character's actual model bone will not be deleted, only the bone's channels in the Action. Then animate the Model bone in the chor, like Fuchur said.