sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

path constraint

I have a rather complex landscape with a road and want the middlespline of the road become a path for my car.

So now when I create a new path constraint I am not able to pick this specific spline as a path .

I know, that it is possible, because I have achieved it before, but lost the constraint, when I switched my car model.

So my question is: Is there a special trick or workaround to make that spline pickable again or make it selectable in the pull downmenue?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a rather complex landscape with a road and want the middlespline of the road become a path for my car.

So now when I create a new path constraint I am not able to pick this specific spline as a path .

I know, that it is possible, because I have achieved it before, but lost the constraint, when I switched my car model.

So my question is: Is there a special trick or workaround to make that spline pickable again or make it selectable in the pull downmenue?

1) To make a spline EASILY pickable on a model: name the spline as a group in your landscape model, hide all the rest of the model. Do your path constraint and hold down the shift key when you pick the spline.

2) to switch which car model is constrained to the path without losing the constraint: rename "shortcut to model" in the chor to CAR, then drill down in the properties and change the model reference to the new car model there.

path.prj

carpath.jpg