sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Nightfall

Whipped this up after re-reading (for the like millionth time) the short story Nightfall. I also have another piece in mind that's considerably more intensive and it would be when Nightfall is actually occurring and I'm thinking of having Theremon looking out from the observatory with the other scientists at the city burning in the horizon and the mob or something coming to attack

post-9859-1291524558_thumb.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I ought to get around to reading that some day!

Yeah, it's very good. I also quite enjoyed the novel which was written some years later. A lot of people seem to be in a bit of a fuss about it though as they think it's anti-climactic or something, I tend to disagree ;)

Nice image Darkwing!

Thanks, I just hope my next one comes out as good as I'm still not entirely sure how I envision the city in the distance, but it should have cool lighting :)

I know, it's such a vivid story, like when the eclipse starts, seriously, I don;t think I took sunlight for granted ever again. And after reading the novel, my goodness, I think I became a bit more scared of the dark! But yeah, I'm kinda working up some thumbnails for my next scene with the eclipse beginning and the fires and stuff, should be an interesting lighting project

• 2 weeks later...