Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

very superficial non-question; exploding stuff

dblhelix

this is not a project i'm working on now, but i'd like to understand something and find out what that something is :).

to make a model come apart at the seams,

think "Sarah's Asylum Nightmare" in T2, the nuclear explosion, she's at the playground fence

or Iron Man says to computer "exploded view"

- is there something called exploded view in reality?

(yes i know where this might point and yes i might stray but it's a:m for me, period.)

- is there a simple way to use the patch information to perform this type of operation in a:m?

boiling down to, can i blow up any model,

or should i for instance go find a polygon model and then explode it in a:m?

i'd like to destroy several models (human) with possible different origins (not a modeler so i'd take what's for free..)

(and i just made up those choices in attempt to clarify problem area.)

i don't need tuts, just the principles included?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, considering the 3D space is in theory infinite in either direction, you could model all the parts that will "explode" so for in the instance of Iron Man, you model all the molecules and stuff for that element, then shrink them small enough (perhaps using poses) and then do an animation where they zoom out from the center and scale up in all axis. I dunno, just a stab in the dark, kinda got me wanting to play with something like that now :)

you could model all the parts that will "explode"

hoping to avoid that much work... but it's sort of "all there", you know, the patches, the perfect particles to send whirling.

only, the reality of doing so probably won't come with a make-a-dragon -button this time either.

and it is fun what happens in imagination when thinking about problems+techniques you know nothing of!

There is a plug-in. which I haven't used, but I believe will take any model and create an exploded version - which you can then use with the Newton plug-in.

right click in model window/plug-ins/wizards/Explode Rebuild model.

My guess is that Johnl3d has used this, and more than likely you could find an example in his "Tinkering Gnome" part of the forum

right click in model window/plug-ins/wizards/Explode Rebuild model.

Big Thank You! *phew*

My guess is that Johnl3d has used this, and more than likely you could find an example in his "Tinkering Gnome" part of the forum

and i get to have fun while looking for the solution, just lovin' this!

you could model all the parts that will "explode"

hoping to avoid that much work... but it's sort of "all there", you know, the patches, the perfect particles to send whirling.

only, the reality of doing so probably won't come with a make-a-dragon -button this time either.

and it is fun what happens in imagination when thinking about problems+techniques you know nothing of!

If you want an "exploded view" that shows all the parts inside something, you need to model all the stuff and put it inside. There's no way around that. Can't make something out of nothing.

If you just want to blow something up - to shatter it - that's what the explode plugin does.