sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Resurrected: BC-304

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more progress. Began working on the engines. The goal is to have all the main components modeled and then hit the details. It's kinda neat picking up a model you haven't worked on in a while. There were certain problems I couldn't figure out on how to continue before, but now, 8 or so months later, I just opened the model, did them up in like 5-10 min and was looking at it thinking "man, and I spent days before trying to think of how to do this!" Anyways, here's the pic:

post-9859-1282099179_thumb.png

that'd be cool. I kinda use a "cheaters" bevel with a lot of the smaller details and that is basically make my rectangular pieces more trapezoid shaped, so it maintains the same splinage but the bottom flares out a bit to catch the light. Mind you I don't do that on the large pieces, only the greebles. Something I'd really like to model to go with this ship would be Atlantis, but Atlantis is extremely complicated and a considerably more advanced model for my pay level ;)

But if i do make it, it'd make a cool test to go with Mark's water rig. I dunno, I may be crazy enough (and bored enough) to try and make it

thanks, I'm now doing beveling along the main parts. I've used the magnitude control for some of the spots, but others pretty much require some extra splines running through it

You should try to model the bevels in from the beginning... if you get familar with that, it is actually not that hard.

*Fuchur*

Some more progress. Been mainly working on the hanger bay. i want to have it such that the bay doors can open and the hanger is visible on the inside, that way if I ever build some 302s or Puddle Jumpers, I can have them land on the Daedalus and whatnot :) Also, now that I'm content with the overall shape of the hanger, I shall bevel it in the morning!

post-9859-1282364437_thumb.png

post-9859-1282364478_thumb.png

Well done!

It's kinda neat picking up a model you haven't worked on in a while. There were certain problems I couldn't figure out on how to continue before, but now, 8 or so months later, I just opened the model, did them up in like 5-10 min and was looking at it thinking "man, and I spent days before trying to think of how to do this!"

It's always sad to think how much time you wasted in the past, but good to know how much more ability you have now!