Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

cottage dream house

ok so my friend comes up to me with a drawing he made in paint

tells me this is how i want my dream house to look like ( which is just a blueprint top down view)

he really wanted to draw it like a sketch but his drawing skills are less than par.

so i told him i would take it up and give him a better idea of what he wanted it to look like

this is what i have so far

any crits or ideas on how to make it look cleaner would be helpful. also making doors and windows ideas would be of great help.

first_floor_view0.jpg

second_floor_view0.jpg

camera_view0.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I can see where the bathroom goes, it's the little room upstairs with the two doors. Bedroom to the left of it, with a huge walk in closet, that's almost big enough to be another bedroom. But I can't figure out where the kitchen is supposed to be. Is it the corner behind the island in the main living area downstairs? That would make sense, it would keep the plumbing all on one wall. It would also make for a very interesting place to entertain...

If you're doing this to scale, I'd suggest that the walls are too thick. In a well build house, the walls should be 2x6, 16 inch on center. Then figure a 1/2 inch sheeting then clapboard on the exterior, and 1/2 sheetrock on the interior walls.

Interesting use of A:M. I did the same thing not to long ago to lay out a tiki bar. Used the renders to get a building permit!