new guy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

First I think you have WAY more spline rings than you need. Typically you strive to have just a CP at each peak and valley point along a contour.

The "glass" needs to have thickness. model it with inside and outside. If you want liquid inside that will be another enclosed shape that slightly overlaps the inside of the glass.

As far as the materials, don't' use translucency.

The "Specular Render shader" set to "Glossy" will help with some glass looks.

Turn "Plugin Shaders" ON when rendering

When you render it you will need to have it in an environment that shows detail behind the glass or you won't be able to see the effect of the refraction.

• Hash Fellow
Man, I gave it many shots, but still couldn't get it. Attached is the project files... who's feelin lucky?

Much better splining on the bottle! Simpler is usually better.

On something like this it's good to get one thing going at a time. Like first, the glass bottle with nothing else.

revisedBottle1.jpg

I changed the bottle outline just a little bit. and made a new glass material, using an "edge gradient". It makes the edges of an object look different than the middle. Glass is like that... more reflective and less transparent at the edge than the middle.

Look a t that and see how it works then try adding the cola.

CokeBottleRevised01.prj

Nice effect and camera position Robert... I used your project and increased reflection adding a new gradient decal.... in my shot I used Depth of field and caustic too

revisedBottle_xtaz1.jpg

bottle_2.zip

• Hash Fellow
Nice effect and camera position Robert... I used your project and increased reflection adding a new gradient decal.... in my shot I used Depth of field and caustic too

Much improved!