sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Multiple cameras

sesboks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Help, anyone, how can I, for example have 3 cameras in a choreography and switch between them on certain frames? Also, how can I make a camera follow a character?

You can drop cameras into a chor anytime you like. You switch among them by hitting the 1 key on the keypad, it cycles among the various cameras. then select the camera you want to render from, render the frames you need, then render additional frames from the next camera you want. You'll need to composite them in post, which can be done right in AM or with another app like QuickTimePro or After Effects.

To aim the camera at a character: In the chor, right click on the camera, select new constraint, and choose "aim at", and use the resulting eyedropper to select the character. You may need to adjust the offsets, as the camera will aim at the model bone which is often at foot-level. But just adjust the Y-offset to focus the camera on the head, face, etc.

These are both simple operations. Good luck! Come back with any questions.

Help, anyone, how can I, for example have 3 cameras in a choreography and switch between them on certain frames? Also, how can I make a camera follow a character?

Your solution here is to just use one camera if possible. You can keep the others as back-ups if you like (I would because I'm anal..lol)

Start with the first camera and get to the point where you want to change angles; now copy the keyframe of the camera with the next angle you want on to the first camera at the frame you want it. After you've done that as needed for the different angles through out the timeline. Go back and change the interpolation method to hold. Now, if the camera pans or moves between angles, then you will need to set some more keyframes before the angle change.

To make the camera follow, you would need to attach a constraint. Orient like, translate like, or aim at. Maybe even a combo of them.

You can drop cameras into a chor anytime you like. You switch among them by hitting the 1 key on the keypad, it cycles among the various cameras. then select the camera you want to render from, render the frames you need, then render additional frames from the next camera you want. You'll need to composite them in post, which can be done right in AM or with another app like QuickTimePro or After Effects.

To aim the camera at a character: In the chor, right click on the camera, select new constraint, and choose "aim at", and use the resulting eyedropper to select the character. You may need to adjust the offsets, as the camera will aim at the model bone which is often at foot-level. But just adjust the Y-offset to focus the camera on the head, face, etc.

These are both simple operations. Good luck! Come back with any questions.

Really thanks alot!!! :D :D