sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hair as eyelashes

So Old Man Willies is coming along. LiteFace is up and running (major victory). I've been experimenting with using hair for his eyelashes. Had it looking good in the modeling window, but when I tested how it behaves in an action I found that it doesn't fair so well. I looks like the base of the eyelash moves with the patch, but the hair tip stays put. So the question is, how do you set up a hair patch so that it will move properly when animated.

this is the eyelash in the modeling window

eyelash_samp1.jpg

this is the action

eyelash_samp2.jpg

I want the hair look, tried a eyelash decal and wasn't happy, especially on closeups. So how to create the a hair system that will animate properly??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

click doesn't always work - space bar does - that's a better way

Thanks Nancy, love the fast reply. It looks like a refresh issue...me thinks I'll have to set up a test render of a blink and see it things go.

When I done eyelashes with hair David sugested I groom the hair in a pose ,to get the bend and position ,in a on /off pose and it works a treat .Just thought you might like to know

I've noticed that when the eyelashes are groomed in the modeling window, they don't start out exactly the same in an action. I'll set it up in an on/off pose as suggested and give it a go this evening..thanks for the tip.