15H

Windows Shita 64 ultimate

16 passes

AO on 15 sampling

24fps

Render res 1280x720P

No reflections

Jpeg image sequence on screen

12 hours to render with 7 processors each render a unique segment with its own AM project open. In other words it could have taken about 6x longer if I had just rendered using one program of AM open on the same 8 core system.

Cinema_Display_Motion_test.mov

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15H

Windows Shita 64 ultimate

16 passes

AO on 15 sampling

24fps

Render res 1280x720P

No reflections

Jpeg image sequence on screen

12 hours to render with 7 processors each render a unique segment with its own AM project open. In other words it could have taken about 6x longer if I had just rendered using one program of AM open on the same 8 core system.

Cinema_Display_Motion_test.mov

hi jason looks cool

i understand splitting up the processing

but can you please explain how you reassemble the pieces for the finale piece

thank you

j

hi jason looks cool

i understand splitting up the processing

but can you please explain how you reassemble the pieces for the finale piece

thank you

j

Sure

Its very simple. For simple tests like this I render out quick time movies then assemble then in quick time player. You can set in and out points via the I and O keys on your keyboard. Drag and drop each quicktime into the master quicktime movie player. Then you can perform a "save as" from the file drop down menu to save a self contained single file. Sometimes I have extra duplicated frames in the movie so I make in and out points for the duplicated frames then hit delete to delete and save the file. You can use the arrow keys to go frame by frame.

For Final projects not tests I like to render out TGA's files which give you one file for each frame. To string them together in a quicktime you need quicktime pro or some tipe of program that lets you import an image sequence. In quicktime there is an option to open an image sequence. You choose just the first file in the folder with all the files. A movie will open you can export that in any codec you want prferably an H.264 Codec for the net. I could have and should have exported at a lower data rate creating a much smaller file size with minimal quality loss.

so what exactly is this for because it looks cool...and gets me to wishing I hade FCpro :( (but I might be getting FC Express this XMas which is cool!)

Thanks

I am working on a presentation of all my skills and talents. It will be made entirely in AM ironically showing off skills in Final cut, color, and many other programs.