sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

render to size

Master chief

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

unless you have a boatload of RAM, I think you'll probably have to render it in sections and piece it together in a paint program.

What resolution are you printing to? (150dpi. 200dpi etc) That will determine how large your chunks are.

Do you need full perspective, or will the flat perspective that an Orthogonal camera provides suit you?

• Hash Fellow

if you have an app like Photoshop the Image Size dialog will let you specify the "size" of an image without changing any pixels. It does that by changing the pixels per inch that the image thinks it is.

imagesize.png

I think you have to print from the same app for that to work.

I think Robcat may have better understood your question.

since you are rendering for a game, you can probably go with 72dpi.

in Photoshop, make a blank image with the dimensions you want ( in Inches at 72dpi).

Photoshop will tell you how many pixels high and wide that is.

In AM, render that many pixels high and wide.

Again, master chief, you have to define an "inch." If it's 72 pixels per inch, then a square inch is 72x72. If it's 300 pixels per inch, it's 300x300. However, a 300x300 block of pixels is 3 square inches if you are saying 100 pixels per inch.

Define your inch and then you'll know how many pixels to use. Pixels don't exist in real life. :-)

• Hash Fellow
OK maybe i should explain a Little more . on the terrain i have a grid comprised of inch sized blocks for unit placement. i need some way to make it so that when i render from top down and save the image and print it the grid is 1 inch by 1 inch in real life

How big is this thing ? In inches.