Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My Newest Addition to Starfleet

Darkwing

So, I haven't done much modeling recently, but I decided to pick it up again, and boy, am I surprised at what I'm making! I've been working on the model for several days now, and will join my not so good looking NCC-1701, but here is a (mostly) chronological look at the NCC-1701-A to date (still not complete, but getting there)

post-9859-1253193695_thumb.jpg

post-9859-1253193796_thumb.jpg

post-9859-1253193823_thumb.jpg

post-9859-1253193861_thumb.jpg

post-9859-1253193880_thumb.jpg

And something I'm particularly proud of is my warp nacelles, they were very very tricky as they look simple, but are a little more awkward once you begin building them:

post-9859-1253193928_thumb.jpg

post-9859-1253194006_thumb.jpg

And this is where I am at now. The deflector isn't done yet (that's a popular question I've found) and I still have some pieces like the impulse engines left to build, but other then that, it's just detail work, texturing and a little smoothing of places like the shuttlebay

post-9859-1253194088_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good looking model you've got going there Darkwing. The textures look great!

The bump map for the grid lines doesn't quite look right though. The grid lines (on both upper and lower hull) look too wide and too deep. I think it might look better if the bump was more subtle.

There are some great reference photos here and here. (Actually, both links are to the same model being constructed)

Otherwise look really good.

Al

i noticed that too, and i believe it was my brush was too wide in photoshop, so i'll be going over those textures again. i've been having some difficulty because i couldn't find terrific rotoscopes of the ship, and i'm technically using rotoscopes of the 1701 and any die hard trekkie knows there's subtle differences in the design of the 1701 and the 1701-A (for instance the phaser grid on the bottom of the secondary hull is different on the two ships). But too compensate for my bad rotoscopes, I have an actual model of the 1701-A that I have been using as reference and it was tremendous help with the nacelles