Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Blur filter giving me hard lines

Rampage0007

I am using v.12 I am attempting to render my video in layers, and I have a box in the foreground I am rendering individually as a series of TGA images. I have applied the Blur post effect to it. I have turned on the "apply camera's post effects to rendering" in the camera's buffer. My box is rendering blurred, but the edges are coming out hard when I import the TGA. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its in the advanced render options under buffer on the first page.

TGA (Targa) should be fine, I render mostly to them and for final images I render out to OpenEXR and take advantage of its many buffers in photoshop/GIMP

Photoman

You can access the command to turn the Alpha Buffer On or OFF in either the camera properties or the render-to-file settings. Changing it in either place will change the camera's settings, so I will tell you how to access the property in the camera's properties.

Look in the container in the Project Workspace (PWS).

You will see an item named Camera1. Select it.

Look in the "Properties" panel (View > Properties).

Click the disclosure triangle beside "Output Options".

Then click on the disclosure triangle beside "Buffers".

The Alpha buffer is the first item under Buffers.

I believe that when you apply the Blur Post Effect, AM renders with the Alpha Channel ON even if you set it to OFF. This will create the effect you are describing, so in this case, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I don't know of any work around for this behavior.

Since you are rendering in layers, I am assuming that you plan to import your rendered layers into a video editing or composition program. In that case, don't use AM's Post Effects. Blur the layer in your video editing program.