Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Need help installing mirrorbones plugin

dailan1

I've downloaded the Mirror bones plug in and placed it in the hxt folder... as outlined in it's instructions and the instructions for the 08 rig, however, everytime i open AM, I get a warning message saying they were incorrectly installed (for all three files) and failed to launch. So, what did i do wrong? I've tried adding a path in the tools option screen, but get the same message. Can someone direct me to a post or tutorial that will tell you how to install plugins? Thank you for your help.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you download the right ones? there are versions for 15f and versions for before 15f

Subscribed with V15... and I did go for the most recent plug-in for windows. However, now that you mentioned it, I'm going to go ahead and try the prior version as well. I'm also going to check the directory again, simply because V10 is still on my drive from an older disk, could that some how be screwing thinks up a bit?

Okay... downloaded and installed the Prior V15 plugin... and although, Mirror constraints is now in the wizard, Install Rig isn't. (I think I saw that in another post, too) I want to thank you again as well. Even though I feel kind of silly not trying the early version before posting, If I hadn't asked and you didn't mention it... I'd most likely be beating my head against my desk right now. So Thank You, very much.

Just an update! First Thank you to everyone above that was helping me and I did follow all of your suggestions. Thank you very much!

And I did in fact find the problem, it was something i actually stumbled on by accident and out of the ordinary. So I'm posting to make others aware in case they come across a similar problem.

If you go into your Hash folder under Program Files, right click on the hxt icon that is giving you trouble, then select "properties". Under the general tab at the bottom, windows might be blocking the file because it was downloaded from an unknown source. Simply check the "unblock" button and then click "apply" All better.

And thanks again, you guys have been great.