sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Spring Pond

Hi! Ive been doin a quick browse of my hard drive and came up with a few previously unorganized projects. So.. I picked up this project first and I plan to finish it.

I started the old thread here: Here

I just did some atmospheric adjustments and lighting adjustments as well. I updated the grass with a better alpha map (soon do be better too). I also changed the skymap and a few odds n ends.

post-11793-1246723553_thumb.png

The render time is killer though, the screen shot below is after 10 hours of render time (was set a 1500x800 4pass, the first pass took 2 hours and it froze on the second pass) Its not the full render but a screenshot of the frozen screen and cropped.

More soon.

Photoman

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks real nice so far. Try rendering smaller until you are done with the whole project :). I think the tree trunks look a little weird. Other than that I really like what you got so far.

It's a good start Josh. The tree trunks are a bit odd, but that's up to you. And the foliage could use some updating, it looks good at a distance, but not up close. Are you using hair for the leaves on the trees? Be careful of the density.