TigerGuy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
when I use video captured by Premiere, the video doesn't even show up.

Do you mean "Doesn't show up in A:M"?

Video for A:M needs to be either a Targa sequence (Premiere can export that) or in Quicktime. Some quicktime codecs do not work well with A:M.

PhotoJPEG or "Animation" would be good first tries.

Targa sequences are usually best, however.

Video for A:M needs to be either a Targa sequence (Premiere can export that) or in Quicktime. Some quicktime codecs do not work well with A:M.

I mean, as a Rotoscope, the video is entirely blank and silent.

Thanks for the advice.

Either the format that Premiere saved it in (usually avi) is not supported (and avi is... I do this all the time with Premiere Pro captures) or, it's you video card drivers or, computer resources. Sometimes I have to open the video properties and set the first frame to '0' and then the last frame to whatever it should be.

Keep playing with it! It works.

Good Luck,

Rusty

I saved the video as a Targa, and got a bunch of individual frames instead of a single video. Is that how targa's work? How do I use them?

I saved the video as a Targa, and got a bunch of individual frames instead of a single video. Is that how targa's work? How do I use them?

I do it this way sometimes when I want to minimize data loss -- be sure to import it into AM as an image sequence so it will 'play'. Usually though I import it as an avi or mov video file.

Rusty

Targa files are indeed individual frames and are extremely usable by Animation Master. It's a *little* freaky the first time you work with them to find a folder full of two or three thousand files! But like Rusty sez, import as an image sequence and AM will be happy.

It's also a good way to do final renders, as you can stop the render mid-way and not lose anything.

In order to import a series of images into AM as an "Image Sequence".

Make sure the images have a number at the end of the file name and that the numbers are in sequential order (Image_0000.tga, Image_0001.tga, Image_0002.tga etc.) If the images do not have sequential numbering in their names, you will have to rename all of them. A free utility called "ReNamer" is very powerful and easy to use. It is one of those must-have utilities in my toolbox.

Right-click on the "Images" container in the PWS and choose Import > Animation or Image Sequence.

An "Open File" dialog box will open. Make sure the check box labeled "Import as an Animation or Sequence of Images" at the bottom of the dialog is checked.

Navigate to the folder containing your images.

Select *only* the first image.

AM will automatically import the entire sequence of images.