sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Deactivation

lordarka

Hi Everyone,

I am selling the computer on which A:M is installed (PowerMac G5), and I want to deactivate the application before wiping the drive and reinstalling the OS. How does one do that?

Thanks!

Arka C.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I am selling the computer on which A:M is installed (PowerMac G5), and I want to deactivate the application before wiping the drive and reinstalling the OS. How does one do that?

Thanks!

Arka C.

Hm, if you reinstall the OS you wont need that (as long as you format your drive), but if you really want to be sure: Assuming you are using a Websubscription, edit the "master0.lic" with notepad. You will find some identification-numbers etc. there. to deactive A:M just change some of the numbers. (be sure to use the same string-spaces, so it is not too easy to see which numbers have been changed.

But in the end, formating your drive and reinstalling an OS on it should be enough. Most people cant recreate data anyway and if the OS overrides the space that was taken by the master0.lic-file on the harddrive, the problem is solved anyway. Recreating files is only possible if the space on the harddrive isn't taken by other data. Some programms will write dummy-data on the drive and make it full and after that delete the dummy-data again to assure that it is not recreatable, but as said before: This is most often not needed, especially if we are talking about a private pc.

*Fuchur*