Choreography Pictures

TigerGuy

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your image will render at whatever size (resolution) you have set in the render to file dialog - presumably that will be the same as what is currently set for your camera in the chor

In the chor - go to camera/output/resolution - set the image size in pixels

when you go to render to file - check that the resolution is set to be the same - also check your frame ranges - make sure it is set to just render 1 frame or a range of frames - depending on your needs.

set your start frame and end frame numbers to be the same and make sure you are rendering to a file format that is not a quicktime .mov or .avi. For a still you would render to yourfilename.tga, .jpg, or .png
Do you change the option under "format", or do you put ".jpg" or ".tga" or whatever in the title?

Either way, after this is done, can I actually load the file into Paint or Photoshop or whatever?

set your start frame and end frame numbers to be the same and make sure you are rendering to a file format that is not a quicktime .mov or .avi. For a still you would render to yourfilename.tga, .jpg, or .png
Do you change the option under "format", or do you put ".jpg" or ".tga" or whatever in the title?

Either way, after this is done, can I actually load the file into Paint or Photoshop or whatever?

Yes you should be able to load this image file into photoshop (I don't know which image formats Paint handles).

when you click on the filename in the render to file dialog, the standard windows dialog box will come up - when you set your filename there - you will see options for what type of file you can render - you set the filename & type there just as you would for any other windows program. If you are on a mac - then I have no idea, but would assume something similar happens.

If you know how to use photoshop - then you know how to save and set filenames and types

EDIT - when you return from the windows dialog - make sure the A:M dialog box reflects the correct filename and type. You can always then change the type in the A:M dialog - by clicking on format

standardwindowsdialog.jpg

Edited by NancyGormezano

Yes you should be able to load this image file into photoshop (I don't know which image formats Paint handles).

when you click on the filename in the render to file dialog, the standard windows dialog box will come up - when you set your filename there - you will see options for what type of file you can render - you set the filename & type there just as you would for any other windows program. If you are on a mac - then I have no idea, but would assume something similar happens.

If you know how to use photoshop - then you know how to save and set filenames and types

EDIT - when you return from the windows dialog - make sure the A:M dialog box reflects the correct filename and type. You can always then change the type in the A:M dialog - by clicking on format

Um....There doesn't seem to be an option for jpg or bmp. I wonder if it's because I'm using Animation Master 2004.

• Admin
Um....There doesn't seem to be an option for jpg or bmp. I wonder if it's because I'm using Animation Master 2004.

That is fact concerning JPG format. (I thought BMP was an option though in 2004)

You have a couple options (one is upgrading).

There is a wide variety of programs available for converting image formats.

I use Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) as it only takes a few seconds per image to convert.

Back in 2004 timeframe I use to render to TGA or other format and then zap them into other formats as needed. JPG or PNG being popular because they will display in a webpage.

• Admin
By the way, does the message "Failed InitBoundRenderInfo" make sense to anybody? That's the message I keep getting when I try to "render to file" as a tga image in wireframe that's 4860 pixels by 7200 pixels.

Its been quite awhile since I saw that message but as I recall I use to get that occassionally when I attempted a wireframe or shaded wireframe render. What was odd about this is that if I changed my video driver in A:M's Options Panel (from Direct3D to OpenGL or vice versa) the problem would go away.

I've been told that A:M's renderer doesn't use the graphics card but I cannot escape what my experience tells me. Perhaps when rendering wireframe/shaded wireframe A:M borrows from the realtime render driver? I dunno.

At any rate... try changing your driver in TOOLS/OPTIONS on the Global tab.

By the way, does the message "Failed InitBoundRenderInfo" make sense to anybody? That's the message I keep getting when I try to "render to file" as a tga image in wireframe that's 4860 pixels by 7200 pixels.

Its been quite awhile since I saw that message but as I recall I use to get that occassionally when I attempted a wireframe or shaded wireframe render. What was odd about this is that if I changed my video driver in A:M's Options Panel (from Direct3D to OpenGL or vice versa) the problem would go away.

I've been told that A:M's renderer doesn't use the graphics card but I cannot escape what my experience tells me. Perhaps when rendering wireframe/shaded wireframe A:M borrows from the realtime render driver? I dunno.

I am quite sure that it does and I think all who told you that meant it this way:

"Final"-Renderingmode is not using the graphiccard, but all the realtime-once do. "Realtime"-Rendermodes are: Wireframe, Shaded, Shaded Wireframe... "Final" in the renderingoptions is not using the graphiccard.

*Fuchur*

It seemed to render fine when I set the resolution to half the size I originally planned.

That would mean its a memory issue, if I do my math right your rendering a 35 megapixel image. That can easily be a 300mb file. I have that same problem on my render node, it has only 256mb of RAM and can only render an image if its under 2000x2000. Try rendering the image at a lower res and upscaling in photoshop.

Photoman