Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A short introduction

Hello everyone! Just would like to use this as a short introduction and show off what I am currently working on.

I moved 3 years ago and JUST NOW found my A:M that I thought was lost! I use V9.5. It's actually partway stable, that is once you develop the "sense" (of when it's gonna crash). I'm thinking about getting the newest version (like what, 15..?). Is it stable now? Still crashing like crazy...? ;)

Anyway, here are some things.

I am fooling around with 3 cartoon heads from a website I am designing/maintaining. I get paid for it, but it's not my primary occupation.

You'll see the three guys on the website here http://tresjosestexmex.com/

main01.gif

And here is their 3D counterparts.

I modeled them a little more "lifelike", but I still think they look appropriate!

3d.jpg

And here is a short animation showing them in "action".

Short vid of heads moving around and talking

I was intrigued with the Zign facial capture software, but I can't actually use it (or afford it), so I thought what the heck, I can track a couple'a points by hand and so I did. (I spent HOURS looking for a rig online and I finally ended up building one.) One is obviously in each head and one adjustable one I use for capture. I film myself with dots on my face (it;s actually toothpaste, burns like crazy) and that's it.

karl.jpg

It's still VERY ROUGH, I mean straight out of the capture, not adjustments, nothing and you can see how crummy my webcam is, to it's all roughy, roughy.

track.jpg

I am now trying to figure out what the animation is going to be and then be working on smoothing and smart-skinning the models as well as developing a more contemporary "look" for the renders. Oh and textures! Anyhow, loads of fun!!

I think it's the neatest thing, but I'm sure you guys here think it's peanuts and stuff, but hey, I've been out of the loop for 3 years and I'm having a blast!

Hope you enjoy this even just a shred as much as I do making it till 4am in the morning!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M!

Looks like a promising project. Those toon-rendered better than I thought they would.

I strongly recommend you upgrade to the current version. More powers, stability problems gone and the interface is much improved.

Upgrade sooner rather than later so any hiccups on the transition won't be last minute surprises.

Also, there are lots of users here who can answer questions about A:M but very few of them will recall details of v9.5. :o

Well done for the progress that you have made! I would also recommend upgrading before you loose all your hair. A:M 9 was the most unstable version and wasted alot of my time. A:M 14 and 15 are very stable and you will find that you can begin to trust the software again rather than living on the edge of your seat expecting the next major crash.

My WMP crashed trying to open that file...

BY ALL MEANS upgrade to the latest... version 9 was NOTORIOUS for crashing, and it's life was very short. You will notice a NIGHT AND DAY difference in the latest (V15.0E) and you will LIKE IT! PLUS, there's a TON more new features and the BEST part... the UI has not changed all that much in all those years so you will not have too bad a time with the changeover.

ALSO--- there is a new 3rd party plug-in that you can buy directly thru Hash.com that will expedite the process of taking motion from video (facial motion capture) called Zign Track... you look like a perfect candidate for that utility.

NICE WORK- Keep us informed as you go, please.