Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Forces beyond my control...

This is a Problem-and-a-half. The main question is How to use Forces, the 'half' is 'Why Has My @#%* Snow Emmitter Stalled?'

Starting with the 'half', it's a straightforward Streaks Material dropped onto a single-patch plane. It's worked before. Now, no matter what value I enter on the Y-axis the snow doesn't want to fall.

The main question is how to employ Forces. I got a Force into the Objects Folder and then to Choreography. In its Properties, it looks like any light. I set the height and cone. In the PWS, Force looks like a vehicle for adding Turbulence. I chose Cell Turb and punched in some trial values. Am I on the right track here? Seems too simple.

AA_FORCES.jpg

LANDSCAPE.prj

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The main problem is not to get snow to fall, it's 'why won't it fall in that Choreo.?' I can see the snow on the emitter. But thanks, Ken, for the Material recipe. I tried it and it falls more like rain for me. I'll log it.

I did a second tester on snow. Now is where I need some help with Forces. I want the snow to flutter as it comes down. Robcat suggested adding Turbulence to Force. Is Force applied to the model, or, to the Choreography? I've treid both with several different values. Nothing seems to happen.

RAIN_STREAKS__KEN_.zip

SNOW_STREAKS__KELL__02.zip

The main problem is not to get snow to fall, it's 'why won't it fall in that Choreo.?' I can see the snow on the emitter. But thanks, Ken, for the Material recipe. I tried it and it falls more like rain for me. I'll log it.

I got the recipe from working in your chor.

I got the recipe from working in your chor.

No wonder it looked so good! [LOL] Actually, I've found that it's best to archive old .prj's with salvagable Sprites and Particles. Copying and pasting works great, but writing the values down and re-entering them to make a second copy always gives a result that's different in some way. Maybe it starts from a different seed number, or some such.

Last night, after scouring every A:M handbook in the library, I turned, at last, to The Art of Animation Master. [duh!] There, under "Wind, Rain, Fire" was an excellent tutorial using Streaks, Forces and Turbulence. Scott and I got it to work on a test section of The Sentinel. Then we tried to replicate it in the final-qual. section with less result. Tonight should see the resolution of it.