sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

help me!!!??? I'm having problems installing A:M

matt_stanford

hi everyone. i'm in need of some serious help as it seems as though i've fallen at the first hurdle. no...not even the first hurdle. i've tripped over at the start line! i've just bought and installed a:m v15 and its not letting me actually open it! it keeps saying to insert the cd into the drive. its already there!!! this is my first pc and as a result my knowledge of everything to do with computers is at best very limited! if anyone has any help they could offer i would be forever grateful. have i installed it wrong? i couldn't find an obvious serial number on the box or cd so i just entered what i thought was the erial number, would this be it?

thanks in anticipation

matt

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Matt,

Its been awhile since I used A:M with a CD.

I've grown accustomed to the websubscription.

There are several things this could be but (guessing here) if your PC has more than one CD/DVD drive is it possible that you installed while having the A:M CD in the other drive?

My guess is that the installer on the CD isn't the latest and greatest so I'd install that before you wander too much farther.

The latest version is v15e:

http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/updates/windows/AMCD.exe

For those a bit shy of directly downloading exe files or in need of other installers go to the Latest Info forum area:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33836

hi rodney, thanks for the quick response. i've read of other people having similar problems which seem to be overcome by restarting the pc with the disk in. i've tried this with no luck. i've only got 1 cd drive currently so its not this. when you mentioned about installing the installer on the cd i'm not too sure what you meant. sorry...i literally know nothing about any form of technology! i'm starting to think i might have to pay out for a web subscription after having just paid for the cd!?

• Admin
sorry...i literally know nothing about any form of technology! i'm starting to think i might have to pay out for a web subscription after having just paid for the cd!?

No. No. No. No. You don't have to purchase the websubscription.

You've already got a good thing going with the CD. We just have to get the program installed because your system has gotten finicky.

Download that installer I linked to and you won't have to be concerned with the installer on the CD. Most likely the one on the CD is several releases earlier v15a or v15b... or something earlier than v15e. You'd want to install the v15e update even if you had A:M up and running.

There is a very good chance that updating to v15e will solve your problems.

I give it a solid 85-90 percent chance.

...and the update is free!

Hang in there, Matt. This sounds like one of those really simple problems that can nevertheless drive you crazy. And welcome to the forum!

EDIT- Can you tell us a little about the specs of your new machine?

while I'm still a newby to AM and its functions I'm pretty good with getting programs to work , but in order to help we need more info any of the options below may help or spark an idea from are many users

mac, PC, other

operating system /version

32bit/64bit

hyper-secure or lax security settings

default installation directory or custom

there may be others but those would be the basics for know

if you want a few steps to try id suggest completely uninstalling am , manually deleting the folder if you must , if your on vista try a new user account just to see if you may have a CD allocation error , vista packs every thing per user account so a new one may fix this

my 3 cents

nope...still not working :( i downloaded the link you sent but nothing seems to be working. i've only got the internet on a different computer so i saved to download to a memory stick and then opened it onto my pc with A:M. Maybe this is why it didn't work? thanks for the support gerry. you're right...very frustrating!!! all i wanna do is get on and animate!!! :) specs for my pc are: 3gb ram 640gb hdd 256mb graphics card 200ghz....thats all i can remember :) wish me luck

• Admin

Glad to see you've got it going again Matt.

As Gerry suggests, any insight you can give into steps you took or installations you made will be of benefit to others as well. If we have a number one goal here in the newbies forum surely that must be it. Namely, to get everyone up and running with A:M quickly. :)