Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

making water work

Master chief

ok iv been doing some pretty good materials over the holidays but one still eludes me , which its the water one, the best that i came up with was a ball that had what looked like a liquid form on the bottom and then become encased in it but not flow like water should , can some one post the settings to make water flow as if from a hose please.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
ok iv been doing some pretty good materials over the holidays but one still eludes me , which its the water one, the best that i came up with was a ball that had what looked like a liquid form on the bottom and then become encased in it but not flow like water should , can some one post the settings to make water flow as if from a hose please.

Have you considered actually filming the water effect you want? I mention this option because thats what the Hollywood-types often do to get realistic water effects. They then composite the video footage with the 3D elements to finish the shot.

Filming water flowing from a hose might be pretty straightforward against a green screen.

Its hard to get more realistic than real. To get the water to interact with your 3D elements you'll have proxy realworld objects (also green'd) standing in.

For best filming you might have to dye the water.

Assuming you don't want to get real-ly wet... can you post an example of the effect you are after?

At any rate, to get realistic fluid effects you'll want to consider layering your effects whether they include real world elements or not.

• Hash Fellow
actualy i was trying to recreate an effect that i saw a while ago on the forms , a yellow liqued falls into letter shapes whitch then drop allowing the shaped water to splash

If you had done this...

follow that thread from the top and there are several other takes on water also.

...you would have found that very effect. And it even has a PRJ posted.

You gotta be WAY more inquisitive than just looking at the things people directly point to.

There's just too much out there and we'll never have time to directly point to all of it. ;)