Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Sentinel...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is going to look amazing when it is finished! It looks pretty cool already, especially in full screen mode.

The beast needs loosening up, adding some head movement and some dynamics will add to the feeling of weight. There are some CP weighting issues around the back of the legs at the moment but I'm sure that you are on to all of these things already but haven't finished animating yet.

I would like to see more depth to that snow effect. At the moment it appears to be snowing only in the foreground. I'm not sure if fog works with particles yet but, if it does, that should help the snow fade to grey in the distance which would help the effect. Failing this you could try using several emitters, placed progressively deeper into the landscape, each with progressively darker particles.

I love the floating rocks.

I can sense some dramatic music keeping time with the creature's pace.

I look forward to seeing more. :)

Paul: Thanks for checking in. There will be more happening with Beast. As the Sentinel grouses about the general state of everything, Beast will make grunts and gags that lead Sentinel to suspect that Beast is smart enough to understand what's being said. But he's never sure. There definitely are CP weighting issues. I've yet to touch the subject, but will before final renders happen. Particle Systems: also a subject I've only flirted with. The emitter, at the moment, is a large single patch above Beast and rider and doesn't extend too deep on the Z-axis. Had to learn to Translate the emitter to the camera, and not let the camera get into the snow. [big particle/flakes land on the 'lens' and everything goes white]

• Hash Fellow

"Streaks" make nice snow and if you add a turbulence to your sideways wind force they will flutter a bit.

shiverst100small.mov

for that shot I modeled a patch above the camera (and constrained it to the camera) to shield it from flakes that got too close to the lens.

"Streaks" make nice snow and if you add a turbulence to your sideways wind force they will flutter a bit.

for that shot I modeled a patch above the camera (and constrained it to the camera) to shield it from flakes that got too close to the lens.

I've got the flakes smaller and falling slower, But where do I access the 'Turbulence' controls? I know I've seen it in the past, but it eludes me now.

And the patch that shields the camera...did you enable 'Collision' so a flake doesn't pass through?

• Hash Fellow
But where do I access the 'Turbulence' controls? I know I've seen it in the past, but it eludes me now.

inthe PWS right-click on your Force>Add Turbulence

And the patch that shields the camera...did you enable 'Collision' so a flake doesn't pass through?

my streaks were set to "die on impact"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Mail Packet: an automated re-supply drone that periodically brings everything needed for the Sentinel to survive on Kibble XXI...except there's never any mail. Which keeps him in a stew about whether there's anyone out there anymore, or is the system running on 'auto' and his efforts all for nothing? This is one of several establishing shots for the opening while a voice-over explains the Sentinel Program.

MAIL_PACKET_04.zip