sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Expressions

TNT

How can I write an expression that will keep the "Y" position of one CP exactly centered between two neighboring CP's "Y" positions? "(Y1 + Y2)/2"

I want to try to control a few individual CP's so that an area will not crease.

Thanks,

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

if you go into muscle mode and create keyframes for the pertinent CPs they will get listings n the PWS and then you can right click on thier properties to create expressions involving them.

modelbone.png

Haven't tried it but it looks possible.

But there's probably a better solution than expressions. Can you show a pic of what you are trying to do?

if you go into muscle mode and create keyframes for the pertinent CPs they will get listings n the PWS and then you can right click on thier properties to create expressions involving them.

post-544-1230660295_thumb.png

But there's probably a better solution than expressions. Can you show a pic of what you are trying to do?

I will try to post one later today. Life stops my animating some times.

My idea is that for a very course mesh with lots of possible bending (torso), I could keep surfaces from folding in on themselves at almost any pose.

By centering CP's between CP's I am driving the changes thru the surface and not bones or multiple smart skins.

I was thinking that under SimCloth this would help the cloth know how to deform without being to difficult.

Once a formula was created it could be duplicated to other CP's.

I am not too concerned about the formula aspect as my day job is engineering and I have a pretty good ability with VB.

That said, if there is a better way, I am happy to learn from the masters.

Thanks,

post-544-1230660295_thumb.png

I will try to post one later today. Life stops my animating some times.

My idea is that for a very course mesh with lots of possible bending (torso), I could keep surfaces from folding in on themselves at almost any pose.

By centering CP's between CP's I am driving the changes thru the surface and not bones or multiple smart skins.

I was thinking that under SimCloth this would help the cloth know how to deform without being to difficult.

Once a formula was created it could be duplicated to other CP's.

I am not too concerned about the formula aspect as my day job is engineering and I have a pretty good ability with VB.

That said, if there is a better way, I am happy to learn from the masters.

Thanks,

OK,

After looking at some fan options I believe you are correct. I was heading down the wrong path.

Seems I can do what I needed with a little more fan work.

Thanks for the reality check.