sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

metal material

Master chief

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
OK iv done a lot of fooling around with making materials but know i need a material that has a metal effect to it any suggestions on how to get that

There are literally hundreds of metals out there so I will assume you mean a 'Chrome' effect.

If not the variables will change but the basic requirements should stay the same.

For chrome effects there must be something in a scene/set for the reflective metal to reflect.

Anything will do (images, 3D objects whatever).

The optimum effect is usually generated with sky colors (blue or light colors) at the top and ground colors (browns, blacks or dark color) on the bottom.

If you get into HDRI imagery then that becomes the trick.

The HDRI imagery is wrapped around the camera and reflective objects in the scene reflect that imagery.

So there are two primary requirements for -chrome- metal: Reflective surface and Something to Reflect.

My 2 cents. :)

A:M's materials in the Library cover all the major material effects.