sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

file to render problem

kayess

Hey,

Im new to Animation Master and the forums, so I'm working off version 12 (cant afford the updated ones :( ).. but I seem to be having a problem rendering.. I've been doing the Chorus Line tutorial from the book, and when i go to render, I cant click on any of the settings (like Final, Toon etc).. I can name the file but it wont let me click ok

any ideas?

thanks in advance!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you see a clikbox for 'advanced render settings'? Click that, might not be the solution but I recommend advanced.

ALSO- Are you using version 12 off the CD? (not recommended) You will want to download the 10mb LATEST version of 12 (whatever that was...l,m,n,o,p,q,r...) from the Hash FTP.

G'luck!

thanks john for replying!

i can click the advanced settings, but nothing happens.. nothing pops up or anything.

and i downloaded what im assuming was the latest.. it was the 'w' version, but it still runs off the cd..

i had the problem where i couldnt get past the registration, but finally after downloading the latest version i got past that and now i can't render lol!

any other suggestionss?

Ok, here is the screenshot of the render to file window.

i cant click on any of the pictures (final, toon etc)

advanced settings is clicked but nothing appears, i can change the length, compression and resolution

but am not able to click ok.

post-12252-1219958199_thumb.png

Yeah--- that's SNAFU'd.

Once you click the advanced box the whole she-bang is supposed to change. I see you are on a Mac, so I can't help you there.

PERHAPS your CD allows you to use V11 as well... try downloading the last 11 and see if your render box works there.....?

thanks caroline for the suggestion :)

unfortunately, i already have done that and it does nothing :(

im thinking its because im running it on leopard.. and this is meant for the 'tiger' operating system..

i'll try it on tiger, it should probably work...

thanks guys for all your help! much appreciated!

well i originally used this on my macbook which was running leopard...

i'm on my macbook pro right now and everything seems to work fine except for the loooong render times :)

so im happy i got that to work, sorry for wasting time, i just think it was a universal binary problem...

and largento, would i need to get a cd or something for that?

The subscription means you pay $49. You download v15 from the Hash site. You activate it over the internet. It works for one year then stops working. No CD necessary. Only works on one computer. There's no upgrade price any more, just the two options, $299 for a CD, or $50 for one year. With the CD, you need to have the CD in the drive to run it, with the subscription no CD.

I like the subscription method - it loads faster too.