Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation and Music Project I just completed

I haven't posted in a long while, ever since I returned to college to get my Masters (done) and Doctorate in Music Composition. Also I haven't animated in a couple years, but this summer I got the A:M subscription and decided to make a five-movement work for animation and electronic music.

I thought I would post the YouTube links here so you all could check it out. I learned a lot I didn't know about A:M in the process, and actually had to rerender an entire movement after finding a better way to do something.

Anyway, without further adieu, here they are:

I "Purple":

II "Industry":

III "Red":

IV "Interlude":

V "Blue":

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Hey, that's a cool symphony for the eyes. I like that you wrote all the music yourself. There's too much animation out there borrowing someone else's music.

I'd recommend people click on the "watch in high quality" link for each segment as the regular Youtube compression takes out too many details.

Hey, that's a cool symphony for the eyes. I like that you wrote all the music yourself. There's too much animation out there borrowing someone else's music.

I'd recommend people click on the "watch in high quality" link for each segment as the regular Youtube compression takes out too many details.

Oh yeah... High quality also is best for the music. hehe.

Thanks for the listen/watch. :) I wanted to post the actual 'performance' version that has all five movements consecutively, with credits only at very beginning and end, but it missed the time limit on YouTube by 3 minutes.

Excellent combination of talents. You should post more often. I'm sure if you did them over with what you know now, they'd be even better! :D

What software do you use for the music?

• Admin

Impressive work!

It reminds me of the 'Mind's Eye' graphic and music videos that were released near the dawn of computer animation.

Your's plusses it up even further by having the five movements all related in one way or another.

Major credit goes out to you for putting all of this together.

I'm not sure why but 'IV Interlude' seems to be my favorite. Very relaxing too. I could guess but won't ruin it for everyone looking in.

I suspect the music as well as the simple motions had a lot to do with it.

For those about to watch... definitely see the higher quality versions.

Will I be doing my own music for my own projects?

Not impossible but... don't count on it.

Nice show Maestro!