Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Models WIP's

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a nice low patch model. I have found that using a low patch count and getting all of your splines to flow gives a model a smoother look. One thing you should do is model the face according to it"s muscles and masses, that way any bumps or creases that result will look like they are supposed to be there. Check out the models that were used in the making of T.W.O. and you can see what I am talking about. I uploaded a model in a previous post that follows this advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've finished the kid model. Might need a few improvements but for now its good enough and I've done a quick AO render. There seems to be a small artifact on his face and I've checked normals and everything can't figure out whats causing it.

Next Step is Rigging :blink::(:angry::angry2:

Which do you recommend squetch or the new updated 2001 rig. Remember I'm a bit of a newbie especially with rigging.

post-11148-1215982408_thumb.jpg

Small Update...

I've tried TSM2 and The old 2001 rig both went down hill. So I've been making a rig of my own probably not a good idea but thats what I'll have to settle with for now.

Still working on the face every now and then and I can't seem to get ride of the creases around the tip of nose. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll attach the model file so you can take a closer look.

Thanks!

post-11148-1216258151_thumb.jpg

kid.mdl