Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Small foot slip when walking

flashawd

I created the walk cycle and it looks great and no slipping when it is viewed from that action. When I attach the character to a path and have him walk using the created walk action there is a slight slipping of one foot - I have set the "has stride length" correctly and even adjusted that several times to try to fix the slip, but not having any luck. Is there something else I might not be setting correctly to get rid of the slip?

Thanks again for all the help with this whole walking thing. ;-)

Eric

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

my guess is that one foot is moving more than the other or is not moving at a constant speed backwards when it is on the ground. Or perhap the character is moving on a curved path.

• Admin

It may make a difference in which character you use. With a few the stride lengths could be refined a little more.

If this is a character you set the stride length for (i.e. you created the walk cycle) you might want to look again there.

Thom and the Rabbit are the ones set up and tested for the most accurate walk cycles straight out of the box. (Note: I'm guessing a bit here)

A common mistake people tend to make when first creating walk cycles is to move the character forward or backward.

The character should remain at the same place.

This might relate to your footing as well if the heels don't strike the right place.