sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Project file big and rendered avi file too

Hodari

Hello. long time.

Have two problem now start. My project file come so big and more and more slow my computer.

file is nov 5..936kt (is that normal) and i try do some avi movie clip. 5sec render 9hours and first i try do 30sec (that was rendertime 57hours ) nice...

so is any tips how i can meke project file smaller than computer work better. or is my setup option somethin wrong...

here is picture on what i try do and file too (if that open) A:M is ver 13.o and computer intel core E6850 3.00GHz 4G ram and 2x GeForce 8800 GT / 512Mb and vista 64bit.

And extra guestion: is that ver 13 newest what i can get in this. (yeti 2006 cd)

(sorry my englis is not good. and i cant be only finnish who use A:M.. so ( jos sais apua suomeksi auttas kovasti) )

post-9948-1212906415_thumb.jpg

taloprojekti.prj

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

13.0t is the last version for the Yeti CD. You can download that from HAsh.

You seem to have every brick individually modeled, that's going to make your model file very large. Usually a texture would be used for that to give the appearance of bricks. But that wouldn't necessarily render faster.

Your light is a "sun" light which has to use ray-tracing to cast shadows. that will be slow.

It might be possible ot use a "kleig" light instead, set to use "shadow maps" which are faster.

But i was able to "Final" render your 1st frame in 14 seconds with your settings. My computer is less than yours.

Something else must be wrong for yours to be so slow.

1. Materials increase render times.

2. Displacement maps increase render times.

I didn't actually open the file in AM yet I just was reading the text of the file format that opened in my browser by mistake.

The times you listed aren't that bad depending on the resolution of the final render. If you are rendering really big, try a smaller size. How long did it take to render the sample image? Is that the final resolution of your AVI? If so, that is HUGE.

The latest version of AM is 15. You can buy the CD version for $299 or the web version for $49. The web version only lasts one year and you can download all updates during that time. The version on the CD will last forever but you can only down load updates for a year for that version.

I hope you understand... I don't know any Finnish. ;)

-vern

Thanks for answer..

I render that jpg.file and it's not take long. (picture)

mayby my way do is not right? i made all diffrent pices diffrend window model and then copy (Ctrl+c / and Ctrl+v ) to paste "kasaus" window model and make there all together.

That slow thing wash same when i made aquarium.

i wash thinking made animation in house but if that render 5sec take one night. so i can only dream making animation .

but i was do final render and avi file.

What is right way to do small animation? i can't wait 2week 10sek movie....and size is one full dvd.. :(

i have learn only one way to do things like thats Brick show...

I have problem too make eny light. and i just dry that and that... and hope something happend..

(but not understand what i have done).. well mayby some day i get illumination...

Just rendered a frame (0:00:00) and it took 1 minute and 26 seconds. I relinked all the images and materials (couldn't find Glace.mat so I substituted glass.mat).

How long does it take to render one frame?

If the first frame renders fine (10 secs to 1min 30 sec) I would render to TGA (not avi) and see if there is a frame that it gets stuck on.

Did you render with the Chor camera settings, Option>Render Settings or manual render settings at render time?

From your description, you were rendering to AVI (not to JPG or TGA...),What codec did you select for the AVI and what were the settings?

I think I know what might be the problem. It is the "Estimated render time".

That is not always... accurate. Also it might be, as was already mentioned, a problem with one frame of the animation. Definately try rendering to an image sequence rather than an AVI.

The file size is huge because you probably aren't using the proper compression. You should render to an image sequence and use something else to make the movie. I think the resolution might be too big as well.

You need to do more research on the topic of creating a digital video. The proper resolution and compression needed for your target "platform" (web, DVD, computer, etc).

-vern

i forgot.. i take glas mat away for windows because i think that slow computer. well i take pictures in jpg. and camera mode. ( and sometime not camera)

but thats no biggest problem.

if i try make now avi file and some animation in camera it's take so long and file become so big. ( 5sec 14.000kt in 1024x768 final)

mayby i try do too accurate. ? but i dont know other way how to do.

is some help for me that how make animation.. i mean how they make A:M film movie. they are small size and long.

i have book Animation master A complet gude. and try read that... but again i am finnsih language and my english is not good. so readin take long and understandin take more longest... :)

i try now make small avi. previev mode and vga mode. mut again my light is bad. too dark of so bright. damn..

i mean how they make A:M film movie. they are small size and long.

They use compression. I am almost absolutely sure the Hash movie T.W.O is rendered to an image sequence. They are using QT I think for the samples we can watch... not sure. The key is too use a video codec that gives you a good image quality with a small size. You should render to an image sequence. I don't think AVI has many options for compression out of AM does it? Does anyone know?

-vern

Using your original project file (from the first post at the top), I rendered the first 5 seconds at the camera defaults you had in the chor.

Resolution HDTV - 720p

Indeo video 5.10 codec (quite old codec 1998)

Quality 85

key frame every 15 frames

(DivX would have been a better choice, but couldn't get it to work for me at the moment)

results

time 1:11:13

size 1,839 kb

Bitrate 3002 kbps

The size of the file could be reduced by increasing the setting for Key frames and/or setting a lower Bitrate.

These should be adjusted, along with the resolution to match the the intended display medium (streaming web, DVD, TV broadcast....)

rendering to TGA (or some loseless image format) is really the best. you can then make AVI or MOV with AM triyng diferent codecs and settings, and not have to re-render the frames.

sivusta.zip

thanks for advice. and thats help. so more must learn again.

If i continue way i do project come finally big. must try done garden and inside house some room.

i think if i made grid and that on lawn.. my computer come smoke and explode.. thats spline group is huge. is that normal?

dont't know what they mean an is they usefull? can that delete?. (some say stupid question is not.. :)

i afraid this happen. now i try make lawn (grid) in garden. computen come hugely slow. if i try make single line in every time computer think abaut one minute on that. is this really normal.

If you dowload project file try make only one line in top mode. (kasaus) model.

is eny tips how i can fast or hawe i done beginning something wrong?

or is something my option setup wrong?

How you draw?

if i cant find a solution i must forgot this and done something else... but then this same problen come finally again.

House.prj

post-9948-1212997160_thumb.jpg

Fun..

Intel Core 2Duo E6850 3GHz 64bit

4 GT Ram

2X GeForce 8800 GT 512M Ram

Vista 64 bit

and computer say: Out of memory and grash. (animation master)

So my Brick wall is too hard an so many other...

Now any idea and tips how i can learn/make wall without each brick.

(one wall have abaut 400brick and have two wall and some small wall..)

And final death was make lawn..... But only defense is that book teach draw how i make... (i think)

but i think not this big :)

It sounds to me like you have a lot of patches. The bricks are the main problem. If you have a 6 patch brick, and 2 walls, that's 800 bricks. That is 4800 patches!!! That's a lot of wasted patches that absolutely aren't needed. Get rid of the bricks! Use a decal.

Instead of individual bricks, create a low patch "grid" and use a bump map or displacement map with a decal. This will eliminate thousands of patches and speed up the process. It is the patch count that is slowing A:M down.

-vern

• 11 months later...