sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Liquid tutorials

Thats the question i ask myself, because i want to do something using liquids, and i hope that i dont have to go along the old try'n'error road.

Cheers

Heiner

There u go: What parameter will i have to crank if i want to have a contious flow of liquid and not only droplets? Or has that something to do with the general size used in the scene?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a thread on fluids a few days ago where i posted a creek with a waterfall and also some vomit made with fluids... the creek i made looks almost like a continuous flow, if it comes close to what you want to achieve i can give you the project-file or simply the settings... but i have to take a look at it first, i might have changed the settings later on as i tried combinations with fluids and sprites (what simply doesn´t work, a:m only renders one of the two emitters...), i hope i still got the material with the original settings... i can´t take a look on it right now because i´m rendering at the moment...

There u go: What parameter will i have to crank if i want to have a contious flow of liquid and not only droplets? Or has that something to do with the general size used in the scene?

HERE's what I've had success with:

Make a new material...fluid...under it's properties/Droplet physics window, lower those values to 1-20...or 5 and 5. (Pressure Force=5, Surface Tension Force=5) Then, raise the viscosity to 125-150%. If you want a 'spray' or lots of droplets-lower the viscosity to 50-.

You will also want to play around with the SIZE...and here's the BIG thing about A:M Fluids: The smaller the SIZE, the more the fluid looks and acts 'fluid'...the TRADEOFF being that you will need to have LOTS and LOTS more particles, and THIS is where the computational concerns will arise. More particles equals longer renders.

Use the 'Shaded' render quality for your tests to keep them quick, and plan to render overnight/over weekend. There's really not much more to it, A:M Fluids are NOTHING to be intimidated by...HAVE FUN and be sure to show us what you are making!

HERE's what I've had success with:

Make a new material...fluid...under it's properties/Droplet physics window, lower those values to 1-20...or 5 and 5. (Pressure Force=5, Surface Tension Force=5) Then, raise the viscosity to 125-150%. If you want a 'spray' or lots of droplets-lower the viscosity to 50-.

You will also want to play around with the SIZE...and here's the BIG thing about A:M Fluids: The smaller the SIZE, the more the fluid looks and acts 'fluid'...the TRADEOFF being that you will need to have LOTS and LOTS more particles, and THIS is where the computational concerns will arise. More particles equals longer renders.

Use the 'Shaded' render quality for your tests to keep them quick, and plan to render overnight/over weekend. There's really not much more to it, A:M Fluids are NOTHING to be intimidated by...HAVE FUN and be sure to show us what you are making!

ui... i have to try that low pressure and surface tension force values.... i always set them much much higher since the default values are pretty high (ok, things like vomit or a waterfall need a bit pressure though..)... never tried that low, but i will try that when i play around with fluids next time... is i really that much quicker when you render it shaded? i always rendered previews final with 1 pass, since the actual rendering was pretty quick, i thought what takes time is computing the particles, and that has to be the same in shaded mode? or am i wrong here?