Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Found old tga seq of flame add it to sweeper item

To get the qt to loop now that I've upgraded the looping is no longer saved with the free version of qt so hit Ctrl L to have this loop..I guess that doesn't work unless you save the qt to your harddrive by right clicking and save as

lantern.mov

I while ago I think it was Colin who posted a sequence of a flame burning I added this to a sweeper test in V15b using a layer inserted in the middle

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually forgot to save the project ..I thought I did but can not find it ..... but will reproduce it or at least something similar. The sweeper part was just pretty straight forward the glow was a combination of material settings and using the plug-in shaders the flame layer was just a series of tga images with an alpha layer nothing fancy there. I'll see if I can find the original post on the forum. Will post project with some notes later.

found a qt that I converted to the tga sequence here

http://www.colins-loft.net/free/fire%20example.mov

Okay for the shape I did a randomish profile that I lathed and named path ..made a smalll 8point circle as the shape named shape selected path then sweeper and extruded the shape with these settings

glowing1.jpg

then took the swepted object copied into a new model turned on glow in the model attributes then rendered using these setttings notice plug-in shaders used (at default values)

glowing2.jpg

Got this

glowingtest0.jpg

project V15b includes the original sweep path/shape etc

glowing.zip

left out layer with tga sequence on this one