Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bug?

THS

A couple of questions.

1. If you get the camera really messed-up, can you reset it to a default position?

2. Can you move the camera while in the camera view - so that you can see the effects of the move as it happens?

3. Should beginning animators never move the camera . . .? :blink:

And, I'm wondering if the program has a bug - or if I'm just crazy. I'm using V. 13.0 on an XP system. Sometimes when I try to move my camera, let's say from the left view, it disappears. I may just click and drag a little on the null, and poof, it's gone. It's not really gone, when I zoom way out, it's still there - just in outerspace, no where near where I wanted it. This happens when I am trying to move it very little.

Also, sometimes I can't get the camera to move at all. Click and drag, select the null, but nothing moves. Get up, get a coke, come back and presto, it moves. Maybe I just need more Coke!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THS,

1. "If you get the camera really messed-up, can you reset it to a default position?"

You can delete keyframes or you can delete your current camera and replace it with a new one.

2. "Can you move the camera while in the camera view - so that you can see the effects of the move as it happens?"

You canmove the camera via birds eye view, or by already set views EX: Right, Left, Front. I'm not really sure though.

3. "Should beginning animators never move the camera . . .? "

It really depends on what your doing. If your testing some rigging I wouldn't see the need to but if you were moving the camera were vital to a cinematic effect... Sure why not. :D

Thats all I got.

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum,

Masna

EDIT: I just noticed your last question (stupid me), and the same thing happens to me! :o

Yes, I think that is what I mean. I swear I just did it - I was in the camera view, the camera symbol was visible (I guess the bones) and I could move it, rotate, etc. and see exactly what I was doing in the camera view. Now, that you ask, I tried it again and can not get it to work! I don't know how I did it!!

That's why I did a repost and said DUH - it seemed so simple, why can't I do that again!?

Please help me understand this - I'm feeling pretty dumb right now!

You can move the camera from the camera-view by pressing the CTRL- / Shift-Button(depending what you want to do) and then use the view-navigation-tools (or for example use the middle-mousebutton to pan around, etc.

I can't reproduce your bug. The camera is moving in the normal way at my place when I drag it around, etc.

Maybe you inputted some numbers into the translate-values? I am using v15 (B).

*Fuchur*