Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cookie Cutter trouble

Rampage0007

OK, so quick question. If I add an image to a model or a layer as a cookie Cut, there is always a light gray "halo" surrounding the images edges that I cannot seem to get rid of.

post-9007-1207700885.png

Does anyone know some tricks to get that halo to go away?? It really stands out and distracts from my animation. Thanks for any help!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw this in another thread, but I still am not getting the gist of it. I downloaded the Flaming Pear Solidify for Paint Shop Pro.

So I create a mask.

Then apply the Solidify to my image

and save my mask to the Alpha layer.

But I get the same results in A:M? Is there a step I am missing here??

Did you have the mask enabled when you did the Solidify? (I did several times)

My steps are - create the mask. Save the mask. Disable the mask. Run Solidify. Save the tga.

If you run Solidify with the mask enabled, the filter will only work in the area unmasked.

I can't test PSP, as I can't find my old disk for the moment, but Photoshop Elements works fine on a cookie cut.

post-9673-1207725811_thumb.jpg

The one on the left is without Solidify, the one on the right with.

(That was fun, I don't think I've used Cookie-cut. It's neat.)

• 1 year later...

This is driving me INSANE! It seems so simple. I have downloaded Photoshop 7, I have even downloaded a video tutorial on how to use solidify. But I keep getting the white halo around my cookie cut decals. Has anybody else had this problem and found a fix? Does anyone know a trick to solidify, or another way. I am a smart guy, I am sure I am following the steps to solidify it correctly. PLEASE HELP!?!?

Maybe someone who has done this can talk to me on Yahoo Messenger and help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

I always just make the visible part of the alpha channel (the white part) about two pixels smaller than the edge of the object in the image I am masking. Also, give your image a black or dark gray background before you save it to tga. Any white areas that are still around the fringe of the alpha channel will then be something dark instead of white.