Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Convert models to other 3D programs?

flashawd

Hello - I did a search, but didn't find anything - I have a client that wants me to make a very short animation - but need the model and chor if possible in a 3ds format. Can you export AM models to other program formats, or is that more the job of the other programs to be able to import AM models or chor?

Thank you,

Eric

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Eric,

You've been around the forum for quite a while so I'm surprised you don't know.

A:M comes with several Exporters. 3DS is one of them.

There are optimal ways to export models for use with each format.

I don't know what they are so will defer to those more knowledgeable.

Where you are likely to have the most problems is with rigging and decaling and having those retained in the Export.

But... charge the client for the work or perhaps they (or you) can subcontract with someone for the work once the models are in the required format.

This is definitely one area where it won't pay to sell your work too low or undercut yourself to make a deal. If clients are use to getting work done cheaply with A:M they may expect the same from when working with other products too. All products are not created the same. Once you get your research done and know what work will go into it pPerhaps you can let them know how much it will cost to have one (assets in A:M's formats) , the other (assets for use with other programs)... or both.

Throw into the contract a 1 year license to A:M for $49 so they can use the assets in A:M too. ;)

Hi Rodney - thanks for your reply.. I guess it never came up before, no one had asked. ;) It's a very small project - so wants to see how it works or is set up - not sure. Also, thank you Paul - when I right click on a chor it also gives me the option, does that mean I can export the chor as well under the plug-ins?

Thanks,

Eric