Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Swap a model in a chor

flashawd

Hi - I created an animation in a chor of a bottle showing it's different functions and I need to swap it with a different bottle, because the second bottle has the exact same motions - is this possible to do? or do I have to redue the animation w/ the new bottle? Thanks for any help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I'll add this method to the mix as it can be useful when dealing with large numbers of models needing to be changed at the same time.

If it takes less time than manually changing the shortcuts or editing the Chor file in a text editor it may be of use to you some day.

Place your models in different folders thusly:

Folder 3

Contents: Second model

Folder 2

Contents: First model

Folder 1 (Master Folder)

Contents: (Empty)

As needed copy and replace the files in Folder one1 with files from Folder 2 or 3.

A:M will not care that you've changed the file as the shortcut will still point to the same file.

Note: The files in the various folders must be named the same of course or A:M will either not find the file or it will use the last one that was placed there. Having A:M attempt to render models that aren't linked to in the Master Folder is not going to work well. The models obviously cannot be embedded in the Chor/Project either or they will not link to the external files.

Programatically this is an example of how you can get split rendering of objects out of a scene.

The process would recursively replace all models except the one you wish to render with an 'empty' or transparent model.

It should go without saying that this can be effectively used to exchange Proxy models with Master models in the same fashion.

It might be useful for getting random models distributed throughout a scene as well by random selection/drag and drop into the Master folder.