sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do you stop render settings

I have a chor with lots of sprites and hair. When the sprites and hair are turned on to realtime shaded in the chor view, it's almost impossible to do anything because everything is slowed down to a crawl. As a matter of fact, if I forget to turn off the shaded view, save the chor and try to reopen AM with shaded hair and particles turned on, AM doesn't want to open at all, or it takes a very long time to do so.

My problem is this: Since I can't work in the chor with realtime shaded turned on, I obviously turn that off. However, when I render, I want the hair and sprites to show, so I turn hair and particles to "ON". Once the render is complete, Hair and particles are still left "ON" in the chor. This is even when I started out with the chor hair shader turned off. Why are the render settings over riding the chor settings? Can this be turned off. I need to render the hair, but not have the hair realtime render on in the chor when the render is finished.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The render settings are global and hair is either on or not.....it doesn't matter if it's the chor/action/model/rendering. This came up before and I vaguely remember a solution, but I can't remember it. You might try a search.

Edit: What you could do is set the real time settings in your hair properties to very low/off.

Tools > Options > Rendering > Turn Particles OFF

Before you close the rendering window.

I have tried doing shift 8, but it is not always reliable.

And what Ken says - when doing the hair, I turned realtime down to about 1%, unless I was doing a portion with the rest of the model hidden.

Can this be turned off. I need to render the hair, but not have the hair realtime render on in the chor when the render is finished.

After rendering, and before closing the rendering window panels - hit shift + 8 to turn off hair & particles. Then close the render windows, to return to the chor.

I believe that works (ie, I think? I have done this)

Activate the Draw-Tool-Bar (and the Views-Toolbar)! I cant recommend it often enough.

You will have a button then, which will let you turn on and off hair and many other things. It is a good visible indicator.

Turn Hair (if you are using hair or particles) off if you are working on something else! If you render, turn it back on again.

And of course turning down the realtime-settings will greatly speed up your realtime-performence like others said before.

*Fuchur*

After opening AM several times and then having to invoke the Task Manager to shut it down since it was not responding, I finally got it to open again. I immediately trimmed the fat out of the project and turned all realtime hair and particles not to show. On top of that, I saved all models in the project to one folder just in case. So far so good.

Now I'm sitting in front of the monitor watching grass grow as I am waiting for this particle intensive scene to render with IBL and AO. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment :huh: