sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Eyes, hats ect

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Eyes are separate spheres that are put inside the head. They'll automatically follow the character. You can do the same with the hat or use constraints (translate/orient like) to constrain the hat bone (in a separate model) to the head bone.

Well, a mouth is a bit different, since it's part of the skin mesh rather than something added. Most of the modellers I've seen make the mouth and eye openings first, the nose second, and then stitch them together to make a face.

There are tutorials on this site if you search. Or, a good way to learn this is to open one of the models like Eddie or the ones on the extras CD, go into shaded wireframe mode, and take them apart. You can reopen and tear down a model as many times as it takes to see how it's built.

If you haven't done exercise 11 in the book (Make a Face), do it. By the time you've completed that, you will know how it's done.

If you've tried it, then it should be working for you. I don't know what you're doing so I'd need a screen shot to go on.

The mouth is part of the face. Are you asking how to model a mouth or how to make splines? If it's the former, then there are lots of characters on the cd for you to look at and get ideas from.